Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Day One

1. Feb 28, 2005 #1
    Okay, let's set the record straight. I'm only doing this because I don't want Moonbear to vomit if she ever kisses me. It has nothing to do with health reasons, other than the fact that I think I would be healthier if I kissed Moonbear. I'm pretty sure she is full of all my essential vitamins and minerals.
    I just went and spent sixty bucks on Nicorette. I am officially quitting smoking right now. I am unwrapping piece number one right now. I know most of you didn't know I smoked, and I know the rest of you didn't care, but please feel free to nag me daily to make sure I don't smoke.
    mmmmm minty.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 28, 2005 #2
    OHHHMY GOD! The gum is burning my broken tooth. AHHHHHHH I think I'm going to die. just kidding. wouldn't that suck though?

4. Feb 28, 2005 #3
    and moonbear, instead of thinking "I could never date a smoker" think "wow, what wouldn't this guy do for me?"

5. Feb 28, 2005 #4
    pss everyone who is going to nag me not to smoke, please also nag moonbear to give me a chance.

6. Feb 28, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You should have brought this topic up in the thread-killer thread. I'm sure it would have at least gotten franz to leave that thread.

I'm glad to hear you've decided to quit. But I refuse to nag you daily...nagging isn't sexy, and I've got a reputation to maintain.

7. Feb 28, 2005 #6
    refusing to nag is okay. do you refuse to kiss me once I'm officially smoke free?

8. Feb 28, 2005 #7
    If you do refuse I'm going to light a cigarette right now. so my health is in your hands

edit, I mean lips, my health is in your lips

9. Feb 28, 2005 #8
    I guess that answers my question. anyone gotta light? jk

10. Feb 28, 2005 #9

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That's a lot of pressure. The last guy who quit smoking to kiss me is now a worse chain smoker than ever before. Quit for your own health.

11. Feb 28, 2005 #10

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

LIAR!! You cannot possibly unwrap a piece of gum and type simultaneously. Unwrapping a piece of gum requires both hands. :devil:

12. Feb 28, 2005 #11
    your supposed to unwrap them? maybe this won't be as bad as it seemed.

13. Feb 28, 2005 #12
    ouch, that hurt. do you treat your lab animals that cruelly?

14. Feb 28, 2005 #13
    cigarettes:0
    Nicorette gum:4
    sunflower seeds:5.25oz
    Looking at Moonbear's pic to remind myself why:8925

15. Feb 28, 2005 #14

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

That could be why it hurt your tooth so much when you bit down on the gum. Foil on fillings...ooooowwwwwwweeeeeeee!!!!

16. Feb 28, 2005 #15

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

You tell him! Oh, wait, your week for being sick and getting attention is over. (Is your ear still hurting?) :devil: Maybe he was typing with his hands and chewing the gum wrapper open with his teeth, or opening the gum wrapper with his hands and typing with his nose, or toes, or...nevermind. :blushing:

17. Mar 1, 2005 #16

JasonRox

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Online dating?

18. Mar 1, 2005 #17
    Is this gum supposed to make you stop smoking because you are too busy vomiting? I've thrown up three times today and I felt horrible all night last night. Right now I have stomach cramps and I'm afraid to eat anything. but its worth it

19. Mar 1, 2005 #18

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

How much of that gum are you chewing? You know you're not supposed to chew the entire package at once, right? And you have been remembering to remove the wrapper?

Maybe it's supposed to inspire you to go cold turkey, because surely that's easier than chewing gum that makes you vomit. :yuck:

20. Mar 1, 2005 #19
    Hey, i come from a whole family of smokers, lung cancer, heart disease, ect. My grandpa is the only one to ever quit smoking, and that was only because they said "Quit, or you'll Die!" my parents smoke and it sucks. Thats tres cool Tribdog that you're quitting. I hope it works out.

Also, I've had some friends quit, and one of them had vommitting fits too, so you aren't alone. She was a heavy smoker though, and i guess the stress of not smoking got to her stomach pretty fast. Just try to eat right and stay as stressless as possible. Really, i hope you quit. Good Luck.

21. Mar 1, 2005 #20
    Stick with it Tribdog. Or I'll send you my picture to look at instead of Moonbear's. :yuck:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?