Help With DC Circuit Questions

In summary, the conversation involved a discussion about a DC circuit problem involving series and parallel circuits. The participants had worked through the problem and were unsure if they were on the right track. They discussed using Ohm's Law and Kirchhoff's Current Law to solve the problem. It was agreed that the answers were correct and the best methods had been used. The possibility of using symmetry to solve one of the questions was also mentioned.
cvc121

Homework Statement

There is a current of 3.2A flowing through the 20.0ohm resistor...(the questions along with my work are attached below).
I am having some trouble with DC circuits, especially those that include a combination of series and parallel circuits. I have worked through the problem, but do not know if I am on the right track and are correct in my answers. Any help is very much appreciated!

Homework Equations

Ohm's Law: V=IR
1/Req = 1/R1 + 1/R2 ...

The Attempt at a Solution

Attached below.

Attachments

• 20160406_220657[1].jpg
    20160406_220657[1].jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 363
Physics news on Phys.org
All the answers look correct to me.

I agree. All correct and pretty much using the best methods.

For question c) you used Kirchhoff's Current Law. It would also be possible to use that and the symmetry of the problem to answer question g.

1. What is a DC circuit?

A DC circuit is a type of electric circuit where the current flows in only one direction. This is in contrast to an AC circuit, where the current alternates direction.

2. How do I calculate the total resistance in a DC circuit?

The total resistance in a DC circuit can be calculated by adding up the individual resistances in series, or by using the formula R = V/I for resistors in parallel.

3. What is Kirchhoff's voltage law?

Kirchhoff's voltage law states that in a closed loop, the sum of the voltage drops must equal the sum of the voltage sources. In other words, the total voltage around a loop must be zero.

4. How do I determine the current through a specific resistor in a DC circuit?

To determine the current through a specific resistor in a DC circuit, you can use Ohm's law (I = V/R) or Kirchhoff's current law (the sum of the currents entering a node must equal the sum of the currents leaving the node).

5. What are some common components found in DC circuits?

Common components found in DC circuits include resistors, capacitors, inductors, diodes, transistors, and batteries. These components can be used to control the flow of current in a circuit and create various functions.