Trouble with DC Circuits? Get Help Here!

In summary, the person is seeking help with DC circuits involving series and parallel circuits. They have provided their work for two problems but are unsure if their answers are correct. The responder states that the approach is correct but suggests showing calculations in the thread for better understanding.
cvc121

Homework Statement

Hi,
I am having some trouble with DC circuits, especially those that include a combination of series and parallel circuits (networks). There are a couple of problems that I have worked through, but have no idea if I am on the right track and have the correct answers. My work is attached below (the last two attachments are together (question+answer)). Thanks! All help is very much appreciated!

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Attachments

• 20160405_171727.jpg
    20160405_171727.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 352
  • 20160405_173549[1].jpg
    20160405_173549[1].jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 348
  • 20160405_173601[1].jpg
    20160405_173601[1].jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 294
Physics news on Phys.org
The approach is right, I didn't check all numbers in the second problem statement but that is something a calculator can do better anyway.
It would have been easier to follow with the calculations written here in the thread.

What are DC circuits and what are some common issues with them?

DC circuits are electrical circuits that operate using direct current, meaning the current flows in only one direction. Some common issues with DC circuits include voltage drops, short circuits, and open circuits.

How do I troubleshoot voltage drops in a DC circuit?

To troubleshoot voltage drops in a DC circuit, you can use a multimeter to measure the voltage at different points in the circuit. If there is a significant drop in voltage, it could indicate a problem with the circuit components or connections.

What is a short circuit and how can it be identified in a DC circuit?

A short circuit occurs when two points in a circuit that are not meant to be connected become connected, causing a sudden increase in current flow. This can be identified by a sudden drop in voltage or a blown fuse in the circuit.

How can I fix an open circuit in a DC circuit?

An open circuit occurs when there is a break in the connection between two points in a circuit, causing the current to stop flowing. To fix an open circuit, you will need to locate and repair the break in the connection.

When should I seek professional help for troubleshooting DC circuits?

If you are unable to identify and fix the issue with your DC circuit, it is best to seek professional help. This is especially important if the circuit is part of a larger system or if there is a risk of electrical shock.