DC fan for humid environment

• Thread starter MisterX
  • Start date
I want to design a device that will require a small dc fan that may have to operate for long periods with fog-like moisture passing through it. Is there any advice on what to look for?

Answers and Replies

rbelli1
Gold Member
My advice would be to take a step back from your design and try as hard as possible to design your system to not need that situation. Try to push fresh air if at all possible. If suction is absolutely necessary can a venturi ejector set up work? Can you use a heat gradient to make convection? Will compressed air help? Try your hardest to make electric devices + water not necessary.

Can you share more information?

BoB

Hella fans are designed for the marine environment. They last well.
https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=hella+turbo+fan&tag=pfamazon01-20
Thank you but we need cost for the fan component a bit cheaper and also ideally not swiveled but just a block duct design like
1444356248.jpg

or perhaps a DC blower.
61BeWmVCyvS._SY355_.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My advice would be to take a step back from your design and try as hard as possible to design your system to not need that situation. Try to push fresh air if at all possible. If suction is absolutely necessary can a venturi ejector set up work? Can you use a heat gradient to make convection? Will compressed air help? Try your hardest to make electric devices + water not necessary.

Can you share more information?

BoB
It is a necessary part of the design.

anorlunda
Staff Emeritus
Insights Author
Thank you but we need cost for the fan component a bit cheaper and also ideally not swiveled but just a block duct design like

When you ask a question but withhold critical information, you waste our time. That's not nice. If you want more help, please give us the complete list of requirements.