DC Gear Motor Assemby Design

In summary, the conversation is about a company looking for a custom 24V dc gear motor assembly to actuate hydraulic ball valves. They are seeking recommendations for a manufacturer to design the product to their specifications and someone suggests Electric Apparatus Co. in Howell, MI. The company is interested in finding a manufacturer with the torque of a 24V Cordless Dewalt drill and mentions that they don't have enough experience with these types of devices to design the product themselves.
deckart
Maybe someone on these forums is associated with the electronic motor industry. My company is looking for a custom 24V dc gear motor assembly to actuate hydraulic ball valves. It would be a component we would offer with our product line. None of us have enough experience these types of devices to design a final product. We would be interested in finding a manufacturer to design to our specs. Something with the torque of a 24V Cordless Dewalt drill would be adequate.

Could anyone recommend a design manufacturer that might be able to help us?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I know that Rucker produces a vast range of hydraulics devices. I'll go see if I can find a link.

Okay, I'm back. Sorry dude... no joy there. I don't know if they've gone out of business or just aren't net-available.

deckart said:
Maybe someone on these forums is associated with the electronic motor industry. My company is looking for a custom 24V dc gear motor assembly to actuate hydraulic ball valves. It would be a component we would offer with our product line. None of us have enough experience these types of devices to design a final product. We would be interested in finding a manufacturer to design to our specs. Something with the torque of a 24V Cordless Dewalt drill would be adequate.
Could anyone recommend a design manufacturer that might be able to help us?
What kind of production numbers are you talking about. I know of a small company here in Michigan that does custom drives and motors. I don't know too much about their production abilities though. You might give them a try.

Electric Apparatus Co.
Howell, MI
(517) 546-0520

Thanks, Fred. I'll give these guys a call.

What is a DC gear motor assembly design?

A DC gear motor assembly design is a combination of a DC motor and a gear system that is used to provide torque and speed control in various mechanical and electrical applications.

What are the main components of a DC gear motor assembly design?

The main components of a DC gear motor assembly design include a DC motor, gears, bearings, shafts, and a housing. The DC motor provides the power, while the gears and other components help to control and transfer the torque and speed.

What factors should be considered when designing a DC gear motor assembly?

Some important factors to consider when designing a DC gear motor assembly include the torque and speed requirements, the type and size of the load, the efficiency and power consumption of the motor, and the overall size and weight constraints of the application.

What are the advantages of using a DC gear motor assembly?

DC gear motor assemblies offer several advantages, including high torque and speed control, compact size, low noise and vibrations, and low maintenance requirements. They are also versatile and can be used in a wide range of applications.

What are some common applications of DC gear motor assemblies?

DC gear motor assemblies are commonly used in robotics, industrial automation, electric vehicles, medical equipment, and consumer electronics. They are also used in various household appliances, such as washing machines, vacuum cleaners, and kitchen appliances.