Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DC Gear Motor Assemby Design

1. Nov 21, 2005 #1
    Maybe someone on these forums is associated with the electronic motor industry. My company is looking for a custom 24V dc gear motor assembly to actuate hydraulic ball valves. It would be a component we would offer with our product line. None of us have enough experience these types of devices to design a final product. We would be interested in finding a manufacturer to design to our specs. Something with the torque of a 24V Cordless Dewalt drill would be adequate.

Could anyone recommend a design manufacturer that might be able to help us?
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 21, 2005 #2

Gold Member

I know that Rucker produces a vast range of hydraulics devices. I'll go see if I can find a link.
  4. Nov 21, 2005 #3

Gold Member

Okay, I'm back. Sorry dude... no joy there. I don't know if they've gone out of business or just aren't net-available.
  5. Nov 21, 2005 #4

Science Advisor

What kind of production numbers are you talking about. I know of a small company here in Michigan that does custom drives and motors. I don't know too much about their production abilities though. You might give them a try.

Electric Apparatus Co.
    Howell, MI
    (517) 546-0520
  6. Nov 22, 2005 #5
    Thanks, Fred. I'll give these guys a call.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?