Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DC motor and drive

1. May 14, 2015 #1
    Hi there,

I've been looking through the web for hours but I cannot find a DC drive that can do everything I have in mind. After a few hours and being thoroughly confused. I was wondering if someone on this forum would be of any help.

I'm trying to buy a 0.5 HP Permanent magnet DC motor to drive a pump at work. The one I have in mind is the Baldor CDPT3326 ( link : https://www.baldorvip.com/servlet/productInfoPacket/CDPT3326.pdf).

I'm trying to find a DC drive (230V single phase input) that goes with this. My requirements are:

1. The DC drive has to have feedback control.
    2. Should have the ability to be driven by a 0-5V external signal coming from a DAQ system.
    3. Start/stop control signal from the DAQ.
    4. I also need it to provide a speed output back to the DAQ, so that I know it is running.

Any of you fine gentleman/woman have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I found this DC drive (pdf attached). It seems to offer everything I want. Am i right?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. jcsd
  3. May 14, 2015 #2

meBigGuy

Gold Member

Assuming you can deal with the various interfacing requirements between the DAQ system and the controller, I think you found a good candidate.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook