1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deadline for EPSRC

1. Mar 19, 2009 #1
    Hi,

Is there a deadline that EPSRC grants must be awarded by, I'm still waiting to hear back from a number of UK PhD places, and just wondering if there is a fixed time they must accept by? (i.e. like most US gradschools must accept/decline by mid April)

Thanks

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 19, 2009 #2
    When I applied for a PhD this year they told me the deadline for accepting or rejecting the offer was the 31st of March. Apparently this was set by the ESPRC/STFC.

Good luck with your applications

4. Mar 19, 2009 #3

cristo

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

I wasn't officially nominated for an STFC studentship until the end of June, so I don't think the deadlines are that early.

5. Mar 20, 2009 #4
    I believe the only rule is that no where can pressure you to accept an offer before the 31st March. So that is the earliest any where can force a decision by, rather than being a deadline as such.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook