Friend of Evo's Lands $600k Modeling Gig on Popular Game Show!

In summary: It's pretty much it. The contestant gets to keep whatever's in the case, and usually there's not that much in it.Bingo. She stands on stage and opens a brief case when someone calls out the number she is holding.The contestant gets to keep whatever's in the case, and usually there's not that much in it.
WHAT? Are you on crack?

Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
I'd be willing to open briefcases for only $300,000.

Which begs the question: Why did they offer her $600,000 when I bet she'd have accepted half that amount?

lisab said:
Which begs the question: Why did they offer her $600,000 when I bet she'd have accepted half that amount?
It might be the going rate for the job. Not sure how many years are in the contract, it could be a total of $600,000 over 3 years, so only $200,000 annually.

Evo said:
It might be the going rate for the job. Not sure how many years are in the contract, it could be a total of $600,000 over 3 years, so only $200,000 annually.

Oh, why didn't you say so. There's no way I'm opening a briefcase for only $20,000 dollars an hour.

Evo said:
I'd be willing to open briefcases for only $300,000.

What a bargain. I'll take an Evo instead then. :smile:

Evo said:
It's a buck a year for 600,000 years. I opened all the suitcases in the house. No luck.

lisab said:
I'm with you, Turbo! I would SO open suitcases for $600,000!

So, Evo, is this girl at all...smart?

Smart enough to negotiate a contract to get paid $600,000 to stand around in a dress and open one briefcase a day.

It must be hazard pay, I mean, standing up next to those pedestals on those steep stairs in high heels is bad enough, but she could break a nail opening the briefcase! :eek:

It doesn't surprise me. Afterall, they'll give away that much money on the show to someone who just stands around choosing the briefcases for them to open, even though the only briefcase that actually matters is the first one they chose. Just pick one, open it, and get the show over so we can get something more interesting to watch. (Does anyone actually watch that show? I watched it once, and think a few neurons committed suicide for doing it.) I don't understand the popularity of the show at all...there's nothing much to watch. If watching that show excites you, you could be entertained for hours going to the local bingo hall and just watching other people play the game.

Moonbear said:
Smart enough to negotiate a contract to get paid $600,000 to stand around in a dress and open one briefcase a day.

It must be hazard pay, I mean, standing up next to those pedestals on those steep stairs in high heels is bad enough, but she could break a nail opening the briefcase! :eek:

It doesn't surprise me. Afterall, they'll give away that much money on the show to someone who just stands around choosing the briefcases for them to open, even though the only briefcase that actually matters is the first one they chose. Just pick one, open it, and get the show over so we can get something more interesting to watch. (Does anyone actually watch that show? I watched it once, and think a few neurons committed suicide for doing it.) I don't understand the popularity of the show at all...there's nothing much to watch. If watching that show excites you, you could be entertained for hours going to the local bingo hall and just watching other people play the game.
:rofl: The fact that advertisers pay the TV network so that folks can watch some person open briefcases, and I presume to look at models, is pretty sad.

Moonbear said:
Those models have to work long hours! They tape a show, and after they've opened their briefcase, they go out back and get their makeup and hair touched up, then change into their next cocktail dress and heels for the next taping. It's brutal, I tell ya!

Evo said:

I really love the way that some people put things into a perspective that makes sense:smile:

Astronuc said:
None of those girls even come close to this lady!

yeah--but...

can she open a suitcase?

rewebster said:
yeah--but...

can she open a suitcase?
Only at great peril to life and limb...

Evo said:
But would you date her?

i need to see her first

marlon

No doubt the 600k will probably change her 'attitude' about life (money usually does, --even not knowing her--I would hope the change isn't too negative), and/or the people she knows--their attitude toward her.

It seems money (having more than one is used to, or loosing it sometimes) changes people more than the 'other' things that happens to people (those things that people usually 'define' a person---job, spouse, etc.). It seems to create a 'fame' about the person.

Just having 'money', people avoid other people who they would have gotten to know --if they didn't have the money (or even some who 'come' from money, but still don't have a lot).

look--(even here,) there is probably an extra gallon of 'drool' that was produced for and thinking about 'her'

funny, (money---that is)

rewebster said:
No doubt the 600k will probably change her 'attitude' about life (money usually does, --even not knowing her--I would hope the change isn't too negative), and/or the people she knows--their attitude toward her.

Why does having money automatically mean she will change in a bad way?

It seems money (having more than one is used to, or loosing it sometimes) changes people more than the 'other' things that happens to people (those things that people usually 'define' a person---job, spouse, etc.). It seems to create a 'fame' about the person.

I don't follow you here.

Just having 'money', people avoid other people who they would have gotten to know --if they didn't have the money (or even some who 'come' from money, but still don't have a lot).

I don't agree with you on that. Do you meet someone and say hi, how much are you worth, every time you run into somebody new?

look--(even here,) there is probably an extra gallon of 'drool' that was produced for and thinking about 'her'

funny, (money---that is)

Not really.

Im not saying the people who get money don't turn into snobs. Some do. But to say that just becasue she's getting money she will turn into a snob sounds like a poor assumption.

If I was suddenly given $600k, I would be the same cyrus - only driving a ferrari. But hows that going to change how I talk to people on the street? Not at all. I met a guy when I visited california that if you saw on the street you'd think was a normal everyday guy. His parents have millions of bucks. He'll talk to without regard to your net worth like your just anyone else.

Last edited:
my, my, my--- a little defensive about this subject for some reason

"Im not saying the people who get money don't turn into snobs"--

-and that's about all I was saying--'some' people change --drastically

You made generalizations galore in your post (Hey, we all do it). Just pointing them out.

You can see my generalization on tattoos on girls = sluts in the tattoo thread.

Cyrus said:
You made generalizations galore in your post (Hey, we all do it). Just pointing them out.

You can see my generalization on tattoos on girls = sluts in the tattoo thread.
Cy, my niece who I love dearly is a happily married mother of three, one of whom is about to graduate HS. She is petite, slim and very cute. She also has a decorative floral tattoo on her back just above her hips. She is sweet, cute, and considerate. Please don't sling your generalizations around - they are ill-advised.

turbo-1 said:
Cy, my niece who I love dearly is a happily married mother of three, one of whom is about to graduate HS. She is petite, slim and very cute. She also has a decorative floral tattoo on her back just above her hips. She is sweet, cute, and considerate. Please don't sling your generalizations around - they are ill-advised.

She has how many kids? ... :tongue2: Yes, I know. I was being tongue-in-cheek with my comments because I don't like tattoos.

I verified with the Evo Child, she verified those lower back tatoos on girls are indeed called "tramp stamps". Tatoos gross her out, as they do me. I don't think I could date someone that had a tatoo unless it was so tiny and in such an obscure place that I would not see it.

I just do not find them attractive.

One younger woman had one of those tatoos above her butt, and the first thing I thought was that she should have had a checker board tatooed there instead.

Was it that flat?

no--not really---it was my interpretation of some of the reasons why they are put there, they 'look' of the woman, her body language, etc., and the stray thought of her level of how important it 'all' was to her.

----------------------------------

Here, I'll rephrase that on a different level:

When I saw the tatoo and then looked at her, she looked like the type of woman that it didn't matter as long as she was getting what she wanted sexually, even to the point that if two guys were playing checkers on that checker board.

Last edited:
Can anyone explain this:

Why does the 'edit' button disappear when the post is not yet a day old yet?

I saw a typo in my post and now I can't change it or add to it:

they 'look' -should have been- the 'look'

and I was going to add that this was about this woman--not the tatoo in general on all women

rewebster said:
Can anyone explain this:

Why does the 'edit' button disappear when the post is not yet a day old yet?

I saw a typo in my post and now I can't change it or add to it:

they 'look' -should have been- the 'look'

and I was going to add that this was about this woman--not the tatoo in general on all women

See this thread:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=228058

I suggest you double check posts in the future and make sure you've said all you want to say. :smile:

oh well---if its not one thing (typos), its another (generalizations)

edit: thanks Kurdt for the link