1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dealing with Anomalies

1. Nov 12, 2005 #1
    I am in the middle of doing coursework, and have already conducted and gathered results for my experiments. I carried out the experiment 3 times, gaining results for all 3 trials. :biggrin: The only problem is, i only got a single anomaly in the 3rd trial. :mad: Im confident in explaining the cause of this, but dont know what to do with the "out of place" result. :surprised
    I intended on averaging the 2 results to give me a fair and stable results table across the board of the 3 trials. In the name of A level coursework, im not sure what the best thing to do with it is. Shall i ignore this figure, and take averages of the other 2 results (in gaining an average for that row in the table)? If not, what is my best option?
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?