Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dealing with Jealousy

1. Eh, nobody is better than me. That's for sure! :cool:

36.4%
  2. :devil::grumpy:

3.0%
  3. I lose my confidence and feel bad about my life whole day.

3.0%
  4. I understimate his superiority in the way that people and myself think s/he's not special at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. What the hell can I do? I just try not to think of that.

12.1%
  6. Who cares? I just do my best to succeed at what I am good at.

51.5%
  7. That would be nice to make friend with him/her.:smile:

18.2%
  8. Huh? Does it really matter? :rolleyes:

30.3%
  9. o:)

21.2%
  10. :zzz:

27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Jul 6, 2006 #1

Lisa!

Gold Member

So how do you feel about those people who're naturally superior to you? I mean those people who are smarter or prettier than you? Those who just draw attention to themselves when they step somewhere because of their beauty or make you admire their wisdom and intelligent when they say something?

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 6, 2006 #2

wolram

Gold Member

I have what i have, i am jealous of people that have more, but i know i work
    as hard as i can to get my money so it is a small jealousy, and i do not realy want much anyway.

4. Jul 6, 2006 #3

Pengwuino

Gold Member

People? Better then me?

5. Jul 6, 2006 #4

wolram

Gold Member

The possibilities are endless :uhh:

6. Jul 6, 2006 #5

nazzard

Gold Member

Hello Lisa,

Do you rank persons according to their intellect or appearance? What are your criteria then?

Jealousy can be "poisonous" and it's a safe bet that nothing good arises from it.

Whenever I meet other persons and notice that they have a certain "talent" so to speak I'm definitely not trying to let jealousy arise. The only thing I want to do is to draw inspiration from them and have a nice time. And in the end everyone is able to give something in return as well. :smile:

Finally: I didn't vote.

Well if you had put this smiley: -> :smile: on the list I might have not been able to resist. :wink:

Regards,

nazzard

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  7. Jul 6, 2006 #6

Pengwuino

Gold Member

anythings possible...

but thats improbable...

8. Jul 6, 2006 #7

wolram

Gold Member

Sherlock Holmes.:tongue2:

9. Jul 6, 2006 #8

J77

I voted the same as the Penguin. Scary... :uhh:

10. Jul 6, 2006 #9

Pengwuino

Gold Member

Only i can vote for the greatest position. Get off.

11. Jul 6, 2006 #10
    Work hard to be better than them, or accept that you can't and move on. That's my philosophy...at least, it is when I can help it...o:)

12. Jul 6, 2006 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

One thing i've noticed is that im the greatest person on this planet. Why is this? I stand for everything I believe in! Everything I would ever want in me is in me! Im perfect and I strive to be myself. It's a self-perpetuating confidence booster.

13. Jul 6, 2006 #12

wolram

Gold Member

People that vote for opption one are ego maniacs and by definition should be excluded

14. Jul 6, 2006 #13

Lisa!

Gold Member

You're right! In your case penguins since it's not ok to compare things that almost has nothing to do with each other.:tongue:

15. Jul 6, 2006 #14
    I find more-experienced people to be very useful friends (choice #7). I refrain from using "naturally superior" or "inferior" - seems meaningless, even pathological.

16. Jul 6, 2006 #15
    One shouldn't care about that, really...

I have met smarter people, again i don't care...BUT PRETTIER ??? Nono, i have not yet met such people, sorry...

I only respect such people. I admire WA Mozart, Marlon Brando, Pete Sampras, Luciano Pavarotti and Jack Nicholson. These are my idols (for many years now) because i would wanna be like them.

marlon

17. Jul 6, 2006 #16
    I dislike arrogance I know that much, four people so far are currently trying to draw attention to their selves and away from their inferiority complexes, I think it's known as overcompensating :tongue: :biggrin:

I voted for don't really care that much, it's not like you can't work to improve yourself using someone else as your inspiration.

18. Jul 6, 2006 #17
    So Lisa, what's this all about, some new girl in class ?:grumpy:

You want to be a tennis superstar in a movie and compose and sing an opera for the background score ? Hmm.. not bad at all .:rofl:

I voted "Who cares? I just do my best to succeed at what I am good at."

19. Jul 6, 2006 #18
    :rofl:
    Yep, that's about it...you just defined the very essence of my life

marlon

20. Jul 6, 2006 #19
    I am the best.

21. Jul 6, 2006 #20
    Clearly a case of "lack of inspiration".

marlon

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?