Man am I angry. I was just perusing the instructions that come with my medicine, simvistatin, and it says I shouldn't drink more than 1 quart of grapefruit juice a day or eat large amounts of grapefruits. My doctor never mentioned this. I went on the web and found out that the interaction between simvistatin and grapefruit is dangerous in the extreme. Grapefruit blocks the action of the drug which then builds to dangerous and even fatal levels in the body. I eat one a day most days. That is, I did. Now I have to go to my doctor and explain to him why I am switching to another doctor. I'm off grapefruit for the rest of my life.