Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Death of Six

1. Aug 8, 2004 #1
    CNN

:eek:

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 8, 2004 #2

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

What the heck does this have to do with politics? Interesting tan line on the white dude, by the way.

4. Aug 8, 2004 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

Right on both counts. Moving to general discussion.

5. Aug 9, 2004 #4
    World Affairs?

The fact that only stuff like this can happen in the USA?

Beating someone to death because he stole your XBox. Canada? I don't think so.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2004
  6. Aug 9, 2004 #5

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Note: World Affairs does not mean US Affairs.

7. Aug 9, 2004 #6
    Do they have X-boxes in Canada?

8. Aug 9, 2004 #7
    Lmao, funny you should say that.
    My friends and I rented a house for the summer just to throw parties. Anyway, one night an Xbox got stolen from the house during the party. We were all kind of upset, but then after the party the guy came back to steal an amp. My friend caught the guy unhooking the amp and threw him across the room and was gonna kick his butt bad. But his friends restrained him, the kid was scared and returned the Xbox.

So yeah, don't be so sure stuff like that can't happen in Canada.

9. Aug 9, 2004 #8
    Having thoughts of kicking someone's ass, and then not doing it, while you catch a person in the act of jacking your stuff is completely different than killing 6 people with a bat because they may or may not have stolen your XBox.

10. Aug 9, 2004 #9
    Oh, really? Then why are the majority of the topics in "Politics & World Affairs" about America's war with the middle east and America's election?

11. Aug 9, 2004 #10
    Dagenais, there are idiot's everywhere who'll kill someone for little or no reason. I suspect that there are places in Canada where if an Xbox jacking, like the one I experienced, occured someone might have been killed. It just takes the right situation and the right idiot. Granted, murder rates in the United States are higher than in Canada, but it doesnt mean stupid stuff like this can't and doesn't happen here.

12. Aug 9, 2004 #11

Evo

Because what happens in America affects the world.

Not to mention that the election falls under politics and the war in the middle east falls under world affairs.

13. Aug 9, 2004 #12
    Never read any stories in the Montreal Gazette about someone allegedly stealing an XBox, then getting killed with a bat afterwards.

Of course, this is just Quebec. Care to link me to an article demonstrating where a kid got killed due to a stolen XBox?

Let's rewind back 7 posts:

14. Aug 9, 2004 #13

Evo

Ok, what happens politically in America affects the world.

15. Aug 9, 2004 #14
  16. Aug 9, 2004 #15
    :cry: :surprise: :cry: :eek:
    Recently in south of France, some guy refused to give a cigaret to a random request. A few minutes later, he was stabbed to death with a chop. His girlfriend saw everything, but managed to escape.

I believe it's coming from the US, and spreading all over the world. :grumpy:

17. Aug 9, 2004 #16
    ok CLEARLY we have Xbox's in Canada.

18. Aug 9, 2004 #17

I read of stupid people, doing stupid things, from all over the world. not just the us.

19. Aug 9, 2004 #18
    You're comparing a murder from 1997, to 6 kids getting beaten so badly to death that one person couldn't even be identified?

From 1997?

Had a little trouble finding a good comparison?

Let's hope it'll stop.

We don't need their mentality anywhere outside America.

20. Aug 9, 2004 #19

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

Oh, in case you forgot, there are women being beaten daily in Islamic countries for failing to wear a vail properly. Inhumane behavior happens everywhere. I realize Canada is the perfect country and nobody there ever commits a psychotic act that results in the death of another person for no good reason. You'll have to forgive the rest of the world for not being so perfect.

21. Aug 9, 2004 #20

Evo

I believe he was being facetious.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?