Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Debate forum poll

1. Jun 22, 2005 #1
    Here's my question of the day...

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 22, 2005 #2
    Sorry but I wouldn't have enough time for research.

4. Jun 22, 2005 #3
    edit... I should probably read the question :smile:

5. Jun 22, 2005 #4

honestrosewater

Gold Member

Every time someone suggests a new forum, Greg & co. have said that they would consider it if the need or enough interest had already been demonstrated. So just try having one formal debate, and see how it goes. If people are interested, they will start more debates and a need for a new forum may develop.

6. Jun 22, 2005 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The idea was to host a few debates. I don't believe there would be enough time to have a separate forum devoted to it.

7. Jun 22, 2005 #6
    Have you seen the main page lately? I think there are quite enough forums in place as is. I like honestrosewater's idea. You can just set one up where ever is appropriate and make plans with the moderator of the particular forum. Maybe even post about it here to "advertise".

8. Jun 22, 2005 #7
    What function does the moderator perform? To what rules are the debators bound?

9. Jun 22, 2005 #8

honestrosewater

Gold Member

The moderator mostly moderates. :biggrin:

10. Jun 22, 2005 #9

honestrosewater

Gold Member

11. Jun 23, 2005 #10
    But how moderately?

12. Jun 23, 2005 #11

Pengwuino

Gold Member

very moderately

13. Jun 23, 2005 #12
    I wouldn't find "very moderate" moderation to be moderate enough moderation in a moderator. I'm going to have to vote "no".

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?