Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Debate on the Bible (NOT religious)

1. Jul 16, 2008 #1
    If we accept as real the Judeo-Christian God and that Christ was his divine son (I do not actually believe this, but just for the sake of argument), then how important should the Bible be?

Comment on this discussion: http://fr.pastebin.ca/1073100

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 16, 2008 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

THis seems pretty religious to me.

But, before this thread is closed:
    Insofar as you believe that the stories told in the Bible is true, and the moral messages within it correct, then you'd pretty much say that the Bible is a necessary manual for life.

4. Jul 16, 2008 #3
    I don't think it's religious at all since we're not debating the truth or falsehood of any religion. This debate isn't about religion any more than euclidean geometry is about the parallel postulate, as I mentioned in that link.

5. Jul 16, 2008 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Well, you won't get euclidean geometry without regarding the parallell postulate as valid, so your analogy, or parallell, is rather skewed..

6. Jul 16, 2008 #5

Evo

Staff: Mentor

I am afraid from looking at your other conversation that this type of discussion violates our religious posts rule.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?