Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

December 21st, 2012

1. Oct 7, 2008 #1
    What do you think is REALLY gonna happen? are the mayans right about the end of the calander? or is this just a far fetched theory.

Personally, I think the worst thing that could ever happen is the reversal of earths North and South poles knowing that this is well over due. The end of the world? no...

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 7, 2008 #2
    I expect this thread will be locked, or moved soon, so I'll get this in quick. The Mayans made no such prediction. There is a modern prediction made for the purpose of selling books. I am willing to bet that the world does not come to an end on 12/21/2012 or any other date. I am accepting all offered odds and will lay off any bet no matter how large. My wife will hold your money until the date that you select. Partial endings of the world will not be considered endings, all human life must come to an end for you to collect.

4. Oct 7, 2008 #3

Evo

Staff: Mentor

jimmysnyder aka PF psychic. :biggrin:

Yes, this thread is locked. Grogerian, please do a search before starting a new thread, there are more threads on this nonsense than I can count.

Here is a simple explanation of the misinformation.

5. Oct 7, 2008 #4

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Sorry, I know the thread is locked, but I couldn't resist.
    Yes, of course the Mayan's were right about when their calendar would end. They aught to know, since they constructed it!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?