Stressed & Sick: Decisions to Pass History or French by Tomorrow

• History
  • Thread starter Gale
  • Start date
In summary: C' on the paper, but my teacher told me that he would have forgiven me even if i had gotten a 'F' because of the apology.In summary, Warren is struggling with a lot of different issues. He is tired, stressed, and has been sick. He is also trying to write three papers by tomorrow. If he succeeds, he will pass his history class. However, if he misses one more day of French, he will fail the class. His advice is to get work done, but if that is not possible then to buckle down and do the work.
Gale
Well, i have quite the problem...

I procrastinated all quarter so now I'm failing history. I can still pass if i write three papers by tomorrow. Two are research papers )i've done research for one, not the other) and the third is a preces (already outlined) now, individually, i could do any of them quickly, but I'm pretty stressed and I've stared at a blank screen since 7 (its now 9) If i don't do them, i fail history, and i'll need to retake it, because its only a quarter class, and i can't bring the grade up next quarter (cause there is no next quarter...) I'm sick. I've been near throwing up all day, either due to over-exhaustion or food poisoning, both due to work. (i hate working now) I could stay home tomorrow since i am sick and try and do my work (though odds are i'll just end up being in this same situation tomorrow) But i could really try and buckle down and do the work, and i mighht get it all done. If i do, i pass history, but if i miss one more day of french, i fail french...:frown: that'd suck because i have an A in french, but because of her addendence policy, i can't miss any more class or its an automatic F. So, I'm not sure what to do... I suppose i could stay up and just write three papers, but now its even later... and I'm already exhausted... i can't think... but i don't think i want to retake an entire course.

So, instead of doing anything at all and making any decisions, i decided to waste my time on this post, using the excuse that maybe i could get some advice, although i know darn well that by the time anyone replies i'll probably already have fallen asleep at the computer and still not have made up my mind.

Science news on Phys.org
About 2am you should get a rush of energy to do all of your work. That is what always happened to me at least... But, here is the first thing you need to do, get off the ****ing internet and stay away from these forums.

lol, that brings back memeories. Don't you love high school?

Sorry, can't offer much advice. Well, except...are you familiar with the phrase 'half assed'?

Or maybe you have a really awesome mom that loves helping her daughter out?

Either way, I'd say get em done tonight. If that requires passing in complete gibberish, so be it. Take the grade, pass the class. I'd be kicking myself the following semester if i ended up having to repeat a class just cus i didnt want to pass in a bad paper.

hmm yeah... these forums have made me really adept at procrastination, but that's what I'm trying to do right now. Trying to get work done just lowers my self esteem cause i never actually manage to accomplish anything, but at least when I'm trying to procrastinate, i can be successful.

I'm too tired to care whether i pass or fail or even wake up tomorrow...

I should go work out. But I'm eating pretzels instead. Hum.

- Warren

I should go work out. But I'm eating pretzels instead. Hum.

Wow that's interesting warren, truly... too bad that's so completely not helpful in any way.

Originally posted by Gale17
Wow that's interesting warren, truly... too bad that's so completely not helpful in any way.
:( Well, go work on your paper, I guess.

- Warren

hahaha, I'm sorry warren... haha, that was so incredibly *****y its amusing...

Anyone interested in writing a history paper?

you think it's bad now, just wait till you get into the working world...failing isn't always an option, therefore your motivation level should pick up...

What is it on Gale? I've got 2-3 papers you might be interested in...

Hmmmm...so eager to avoid work that you suddenly develop an interest in politics?

Also, Your talking to the king of research paper procrastination...

What hour is french? go in for french, leave after french, finish papers then...

One thing you should know is that it will show up on attendance that you only showed up for french and left afterwards... But if your like me, you can talk your way out of anything... Go into your history teacher, level with him, tell him that you were an idiot, and tell him that the last 2 nights were the worst, but you got them done. Also, tell him you learned your lesson, and will not procrastinate again. He will accept your papers.

Last year, i turned in a mid-term paper late for my american history class(which technically should have been counted as a 50%[which would have given me a 'D'), and with the paper i turned in a page long apology. It was great, He ended up reading my apology to the class because it was so well structured in argument and reasoning... I ended up getting a B in the class, only because i wrote that apology.

You can weasel out of anything, you just have to set your mind to it!

haha well I'm pretty good at weaseling mattius... all the work i have to do is late work... and he doesn't even accept late work...

and yeah zero... you figure me out... I'm actually reasonably interested in politics all things considered, i just hate sharing my opinions, so i never have before... but as it turns out, its a pretty good way to procrastinate.

The papers are on 1. progressivsm 2. The 'Wild West' and 3. Something about the home front during WWII and how teh gov't got americans to support the effort.

Meh, that stinks, I know only the basics of your three topics...

But really, i have been in your situation before, and the stakes were just as high... I wish i could say something poetic, but the reality is, your stuck between a rock and a hard place...

At the bare minimum, turn in sh*t on paper, and argue with him if he gives you below 50%... That is, if 50% on these papers is enough for you to pass...

Im sure he gave you an outline of the paper, make sure to have thesis, good grammar, works cited, all the easy stuff, and then use his rubric against him...

Yeah, better plan... keep procrastinating until i feel like working again... wake up and go to french first period and hopefully my lack of sleep will have made me so much sicked that they send me home.

heheh ::pats back:: go gale... woot woot

Hmm. Sorry for being ****ty.

- Warren

Hmm. Sorry for being ****ty.

Oh my god! an appology from warren *gasp* hell must have frozen over! hahaha... kidding, love you

Good luck on your situation, I am going to bed

You still alive?

So, how did the whole thing end up? Did you just go to French and skip the rest of the day? Did you write an apology? Or did you just finish the papers last night (or early morning)?

I hope you didn't do something like I would do and resort to eating rocks. It's really bad for your teeth.

Yes, where is our beloved Gale17, i sincerely hope she didnt go and do something reckless...

haha, "our beloved Gale"... has a nice ring to it...

well, for all of you who're dying to know the outcome of my little situation...

Well, i ended up really really really sick, cause i wan like already pretty sick last night, and the whole pushing myself to exhaustion didn't really go over well with my immune system. Didn't have a choice, i had a fever, vommiting, the works. So, i may have failed french... don't know yet. I'll probably be too sick still for school tomorrow. I think maybe though, that if i get to bed at a reasonable hour tonight... instead of spending the day sleeping and being sick, i may attempt to do that work that i never even started last night. But we'll see... :wink: I'll need to be on the computer to do the work, and with the internet so near my fingertips i mightn't be able to resist more procrastination at pf

As much as i would like to indulge in your commentary tonight, I think we both know what is best.

1. What is the focus of "Stressed & Sick: Decisions to Pass History or French by Tomorrow"?

The focus of "Stressed & Sick: Decisions to Pass History or French by Tomorrow" is on the decision-making process of a person who is feeling stressed and sick and needs to choose between studying for a history test or a French test that is due the next day.

2. How does stress and sickness impact decision-making?

Research has shown that stress and sickness can have a negative impact on decision-making. These factors can lead to decreased cognitive function, making it harder to focus and think critically. They can also lead to impulsive decision-making and increased risk-taking behavior.

3. What are some strategies for making a decision when feeling stressed and sick?

Some strategies for making a decision when feeling stressed and sick include taking a break to relax and clear your mind, prioritizing tasks based on importance and urgency, seeking support from friends or family, and consulting with a mentor or advisor.

4. Is it better to study for History or French when feeling stressed and sick?

The answer to this question depends on the individual and their strengths. If history is your stronger subject, it may be more beneficial to focus on studying for that test. However, if you are more confident in your French skills, it may be better to prioritize studying for that test. Ultimately, it is important to assess your abilities and make a decision that will lead to the best outcome for you.

5. How can someone prevent feeling stressed and sick in the first place?

To prevent feeling stressed and sick, it is important to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This includes getting enough sleep, eating a balanced diet, exercising regularly, and managing stress through relaxation techniques such as meditation or yoga. It is also important to prioritize and manage time effectively to avoid feeling overwhelmed with tasks and responsibilities.