Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Declared Physics Major

1. Mar 29, 2016 #1
    Hi all. I just thought I'd share the news that I officially declared my physics major! I also got keys to the science building and labs, which is nice :)

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2016 #2
    Congrats! What school? What's next?

4. Mar 31, 2016 #3

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

Congratulations and good luck! Sounds like a smallish school if you literally got "the keys to the joint." Mine was like that, although we didn't get the keys automatically when declaring a major. It was just that sooner or later (usually sooner) you started doing a project or working as a lab assistant or something which required off-hours access, so they issued you a key, and you simply kept it until you graduated.

5. Mar 31, 2016 #4
    Thanks! I go to a small liberal arts college on the east coast. I'm finishing up my sophomore year so I still have time to discover what areas of physics interest me most. I plan on taking statistical mechanics and thermo next semester though and maybe study abroad next spring.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted