Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Declassified Churchill UFO Documents

1. Aug 6, 2010 #1
    "In order to prevent a mass panic, Winston Churchill kept top secret a close encounter between a World War II pilot and an unexplained flying object, newly unclassified documents reveal.

The British prime minister said the unexplained incident should be kept secret for 50 years, fearing it would provoke a "mass panic."....

"The man, who is not named in the files, said Churchill was reported to have exclaimed, "This event should be immediately classified since it would create mass panic amongst the general population -- and destroy one's belief in the church."

http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/08/05/churchill-ordered-ufo-cover-up/

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Aug 6, 2010 #2
    I am fascinated with this, and hope that the event is detailed in a document soon to be released. I also find it funny that he refers to himself as "the church" ;-)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  4. Aug 7, 2010 #3

Ivan Seeking

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I have no idea why this is getting so much attention. It is a story based on a letter written by a man whose grandfather was allegedly a bodyguard for Churchill. So what? This is the sort of nonsense that discredits the truly interesting stuff. If someone can produce the original RAF reports, that would be another matter. At least that would be an official source and not just hearsay.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/08/05/churchill-ordered-ufo-cov_n_671639.html

If anything beyond hearsay is offered as evidence, we can open the thread again.

The media effectively sabotages this subject by making a big deal about nothing, as they do here.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook