Decode Message: Will Someone Tell What Does This Code Say?

• Thread starter mabs239
  • Start date
In summary, The conversation is about a code that corresponds English alphabets to specific shapes. The words in the code are familiar and the phrase is followed by characters 6, 8, 11. The underlying mechanism to generate these characters is from a tic-tac-toe board and a diamond that has been cut into 4 pieces. However, there may be a mistake in the image as the "P" is missing a dot.
mabs239
Will someone tell what does this code say?
code.png

Sorry for my poor use of free hand tool. All lines to be considered straight.First character has been drawn bold but it does not matter.

Physics news on Phys.org
Hint: This message is one to one correspondance between English alphabets and the alphabets you can see in the shape above.

Sorry, I can't write so long a text so as to be applied to frequency analysis. Anyway the words written are so familiar to you all!

If we numbered them from 1 to 11 left to right (one character is repeated), then (if I'm right), you might expect this phrase to be followed with the characters 6, 8, 11.

DaveE

For this puzzle, the medium is truly the message.
Physics Forums

Last edited:
Jimmy's answer is correct. It would be more interesting if you could find the underlying mechanism to generate these characters. It looks so simple when you know it. Obviously not so simple to guess it first.

mabs239 said:
It would be more interesting if you could find the underlying mechanism to generate these characters. It looks so simple when you know it. Obviously not so simple to guess it first.
A-I are from a tic-tac-toe board with the letters in the squares. J-R are the same but with a dot in each square (but the P in physics is missing its dot. S-V are from a diamond that has been cut into 4 pieces and W-Z are the same with dots.

Jimmy Snyder said:
A-I are from a tic-tac-toe board with the letters in the squares. J-R are the same but with a dot in each square (but the P in physics is missing its dot. S-V are from a diamond that has been cut into 4 pieces and W-Z are the same with dots.

I agree that makes sense, but if that's true, then isn't there a mistake in the image? Looks like the "P" is missing a dot.

DaveE

davee123 said:
I agree that makes sense, but if that's true, then isn't there a mistake in the image? Looks like the "P" is missing a dot.

DaveE

It's my mistake.

1. What is a decode message?

A decode message is a message that has been written in a coded or encrypted form and needs to be translated or deciphered in order to be understood.

2. How can I decode a message?

Decoding a message typically involves using a key or algorithm to translate the coded symbols into a language or format that can be understood. This can be done manually or through the use of computer programs or tools.

3. What does it mean to "decode" something?

To decode something means to interpret or translate it from one form or language into another. In the context of a message, it means to decipher the coded symbols and understand the intended meaning.

4. Can anyone decode a message?

In theory, anyone can decode a message. However, it requires knowledge and understanding of the code or language used, as well as access to the necessary tools or resources. Some codes may be more difficult or complex to decode than others.

5. How do I know if I have decoded a message correctly?

The best way to know if you have decoded a message correctly is to compare it to a known or confirmed translation. If the decoded message matches the expected translation, then you have likely decoded it correctly.