Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Default fonts in firefox

1. Nov 6, 2005 #1

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

whoops, I played around with the fonts a bit and forgot what the default settings were so now my webpages look weird. Could someone look what's under 'Tools-Options-Fonts'?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 6, 2005 #2
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2005
  4. Nov 6, 2005 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

hmmm.. times new roman looks weird, but those settings w/ verdana seems to work.. thanks :)

5. Nov 6, 2005 #4
    You know I thought Times New Roman was strange to have too. I think Verdana may be the standard. I am using firefox 1.5 beta, so that may be why I am using Times.

6. Nov 6, 2005 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Oh, cool! I'm glad you asked Monique! I've been trying to set up Firefox to my liking in the lab...even if I have to put up with XP on the lab computer, I'm not going to put up with IE. I got a lot of it customized to my satisfaction, but the fonts looked all huge and stretched out and just generally harsh on my eyes, but I hadn't yet found where to change that (I don't need to read the page from the other side of the room). Now I know. Yippee!

7. Nov 6, 2005 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Yeah, I had the same problem that the fonts at a site looked huge so that's why I was fiddling around with it :smile: I changed the size 16 to 13 so everything looks uniform now.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?