1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Definite integral

1. Dec 7, 2005 #1
    What is the integral of 110*1.10^(t) from b=35 to a=0 (b being hte upper number to the integral sign and a being the lower number to the integral sign)

From the textbook it says it's the constant c=110 times the sum of the integral of b - the integral of a.

so how do i get integral of a and b?

Thank you for replying!!!

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 7, 2005 #2
    You could try to make use of [tex]\exp \left( {t\log \left( {1.10} \right)} \right) = \exp \left( {\log \left( {1.10} \right)^t } \right) = 1.10^t [/tex].

4. Dec 7, 2005 #3
    Thanx Benny~!!! Thank You!!!!

5. Dec 7, 2005 #4
    HEY DeAR BENNY
    I got another problem if you could help again... I would really really appreciate it

10+990e^(-0.1t)
    now to so far i know its antiderivative starts with

10t+ ... something... could you guys give me some hint as to how to continue?

6. Dec 7, 2005 #5
    If k is a constant then [tex]\int {e^{kt} } dt = \frac{1}{k}e^{kt} + c[/tex] where c is an arbitrary constant. Just use that to integrate the exponential. By the way, I would have thought that this one would have been very simple for you if you were able to do the first problem you asked about.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?