Definite Integrals

• Thread starter merven
  • Start date
ok so what has happened is my friends website is moving to a new location,
he said the only way i can get to see it early is if i get the answer to this, he did this because he knows i know nothing about math.... so im one of you guys or gals can help me...

THE AREA OF A SQUARE WITH SIDE LENGTHS EQUAL TO THE

DEFINITE INTEGRAL OF (0.43890022*X) FROM 1 TO 10

thank you all
Merven

p.s. i hope i put this in the right section lol i was told integrals are calculus :)

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

ok so what has happened is my friends website is moving to a new location,
he said the only way i can get to see it early is if i get the answer ot this, now to be 100% honest ive never done well in math so im looking to you guys for help...

THE AREA OF A SQUARE WITH SIDE LENGTHS EQUAL TO THE

DEFINITE INTEGRAL OF (0.43890022*X) FROM 1 TO 10

thank you all
Merven

p.s. i hope i put this in the right section lol i was told integrals are calculus :)
do you know how to integrate?

no i just finished HS with only minimum math so im tottaly in the dark....

Right, so it would be pointless to show you how to obtain the answer, because you don't know how to do it! You just want the answer! Have you even given it a go?

Please don't double post.

umm i didnt double post someone quoted my saying thank you very much, ive tried to learn through the internet and ive tried using one of the calculators but i just dont understand it, if anyone doesnt feel right aobut jsut giving me and answer i would willing try to learn from them if they are willing to help teach me.....
thanks

well, assuming that u dont know the definiton of the definite integral than here we go. The definite integral of a function is given with this formula:
integ f(x)dx, from a to b = f(b)-f(a)
Actually this is the area that the curve given by the function f(x) closes with the Ox axes.
So, also you need to know that integ k*f(x)=k*integ f(x), where k is any real constant. Also you need to know that integ x dx = (x^2)/2

I think this information is all you need to do find one of the axes of the square, and consequently the whole area of the square.

I hope i was helpful.