Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Definite Integrals

1. Jun 24, 2007 #1
    ok so what has happened is my friends website is moving to a new location,
    he said the only way i can get to see it early is if i get the answer to this, he did this because he knows i know nothing about math.... so im one of you guys or gals can help me...

DEFINITE INTEGRAL OF (0.43890022*X) FROM 1 TO 10

thank you all

p.s. i hope i put this in the right section lol i was told integrals are calculus :)
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2007
  2. jcsd
  3. Jun 24, 2007 #2
    do you know how to integrate?
  4. Jun 24, 2007 #3
    no i just finished HS with only minimum math so im tottaly in the dark....
  5. Jun 24, 2007 #4
    Right, so it would be pointless to show you how to obtain the answer, because you don't know how to do it! You just want the answer! Have you even given it a go?
  6. Jun 24, 2007 #5
    Please don't double post.
  7. Jun 24, 2007 #6
    umm i didnt double post someone quoted my saying thank you very much, ive tried to learn through the internet and ive tried using one of the calculators but i just dont understand it, if anyone doesnt feel right aobut jsut giving me and answer i would willing try to learn from them if they are willing to help teach me.....
  8. Jun 24, 2007 #7
    well, assuming that u dont know the definiton of the definite integral than here we go. The definite integral of a function is given with this formula:
    integ f(x)dx, from a to b = f(b)-f(a)
    Actually this is the area that the curve given by the function f(x) closes with the Ox axes.
    So, also you need to know that integ k*f(x)=k*integ f(x), where k is any real constant. Also you need to know that integ x dx = (x^2)/2

I think this information is all you need to do find one of the axes of the square, and consequently the whole area of the square.

I hope i was helpful.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?