Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deflecting a micro black hole

1. Nov 18, 2016 #1
    I have a story where an extremely advanced species has figured out how to produce and control kugelblitzes to a high enough degree that they can calculate the distance to an enemy and produce and fire one to explode at the target.

Would there be any possible defense against such a weapon?

I had two ideas: 1: outrun it, in my universe we've figured out negative energy density and can make an alcurrier drive. 2: feed it, pump extra energy into your shields so that it passes through you and is a safe distance past before it finally goes off.

I see major problems with both, faster than light travel is not an issue for the ship, but accelerating fast enough to outrun a relativistic black hole is. And letting it pass through you, even if it doesn't fully explode, it's still extremely hot because it's close.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 18, 2016 #2

Simon Bridge

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

Could the same tech that allows one to be controlled, also allow it to be defended against, some kind of deflector?... if they can go ftl, then then they have solved the problem of running into things (small rocks, dust...) at superluminal speeds right?
    Basically you have a lot of magic in the universe, so what, exactly, is the problem?
    How are the kugelblitzes important to the plot?

4. Nov 18, 2016 #3
    That would be something like a Trump, but in Ultraviolet.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted