1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deformation of solids, please help

1. Jan 28, 2009 #1
    Deformation of solids, please help!!!

The question is:
    1/ Show a qualitative knowledge of typical behavior of copper, glass and elestomers.
    2/ Quantitative treatment of deformation in one dimension including work done; experimental determination of the Young modulus for a metal in the form of a wire.
    Please help me as quick as possible.
    Thank you very much.

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 28, 2009 #2

Mapes

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Re: Deformation of solids, please help!!!

Hi blueforest, welcome to PF. Please try answering these questions yourself, and others will likely give helpful comments on your answers. If we just did your homework for you, none of us would learn anything!

4. Jan 28, 2009 #3

Thanks for your advice. But my problem is I'm Vietnamese student so I do not learn Physics in English in my class, it means I learn A level by myself, I didn't been taught by teacher. And it is not my homework, it is in a syllabus of an entrance exam for university in which I will attend. My book doesn't mention about it, and I search on the internet there are so many site. I can't decide which is right and necessary for me. So please help me. Thank you.

5. Jan 29, 2009 #4

Mapes

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Your book doesn't compare the mechanical behavior of metals, ceramics, and elastomers? What's the title? You might do better with the books on mechanics of materials by Courtney, Dowling, or Beer and Johnston.

6. Jan 29, 2009 #5

Try Tom Duncan A level Physics.There are many other good books out there so narrow your search by googling A level physics books.I believe the new AQA syllabus covers the topics you are interested in.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?