Delete Account - How to Delete Your Profile

• Thread starter Nick V
  • Start date
In summary, if you wish to delete your account, you can ask @Greg Bernhardt, but the account will only be banned and your posts, threads, and profile will remain. However, you can also request to link your old account to your current email or Facebook page by sending a PM to @Greg Bernhardt.
Nick V
How can i delete my account?

Physics news on Phys.org
However, note that this will not remove your posts or any threads that you started, nor your profile.

Nick V said:
How can i delete my account?
Why ? Please stay until you are banned.

Likes RaulTheUCSCSlug and Suraj M
@Greg Bernhardt I have an older account that I made that I much prefer (We have history you know, so I'd like to continue to use it.)

If you were to ban THIS account, would I be able to link my old account to the email/facebook page that I'm linked with on this account?

Last edited:
Clack_Attack said:
@Greg Bernhardt I have an older account that I made that I much prefer (We have history you know, so I'd like to continue to use it.)

If you were to ban THIS account, would I be able to link my old account to the email/facebook page that I'm linked with on this account?
Sure, send the request via a PM with the details

1. How do I delete my account?

To delete your account, go to the settings or account preferences section of your profile. Look for an option to "delete account" or "deactivate account." Follow the prompts to confirm and your account will be deleted.

2. Will deleting my account also delete all of my data?

It depends on the platform you are using. Some platforms will give you the option to delete all of your data along with your account, while others may keep your data for a certain period of time before permanently deleting it. It's best to check the platform's terms and conditions or privacy policy for more information.

3. Can I reactivate my account after deleting it?

Again, this depends on the platform's policies. Some platforms allow you to reactivate your account within a certain period of time after deleting it, while others have a permanent deletion policy. Make sure to read the platform's terms and conditions for more information.

4. Why do I have to go through a process to delete my account?

This is to ensure that the account deletion is intentional and not a mistake. It also helps protect your account from being deleted by someone else without your knowledge.

5. What happens to my posts and comments after I delete my account?

Again, this depends on the platform. Some platforms will keep your posts and comments visible, but they will be attributed to "deleted account." Other platforms may delete your posts and comments along with your account. Make sure to check the platform's policies for more information.