Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deleting my account

1. Mar 28, 2004 #1
    I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.

Is it possible to delete an account I had earlier?

I registered under a different name and email, but due to a mail problem, I never received the confirmation email. So I re-registered with the name I am presently posting with, but with a yahoo email address, because I have already 'used up' the email address I wanted to register with.

If my old account could be deleted, then I could change my email in my profile.

(I have emailed ghb@uwm.edu a couple of times but have not received a response, possibly because that is not the proper place to send problems such as these.)

In friendship,
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 28, 2004 #2
    I regularly prune members who haven't confirmed their emails, don't worry about it.l
  4. Mar 28, 2004 #3
    Thank you Greg.

If it is not an inconvenience for you, the pruning of pradtf account would be appreciated.

Then I could change my email address and setup email notification of posts, so that I don't have to remember which threads I have posted in.

Many thanks for this information.

In friendship,
  5. Mar 28, 2004 #4

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Hi Prad, just FYI: you can use the search page to find threads you have posted in https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php? in case you ever want to :)
  6. Mar 28, 2004 #5
    To subscribe to individual threads, when replying goto below the text box to "additional options", you'll find a options grouping called "Thread Subscription" where you can select how you want it handled. Also you can automaticly get subscribed to all your threads in your user cp options menu.
  7. Mar 28, 2004 #6
    thank you for the ideas, monique and greg!
    there certainly are some excellent features here.
    i will set subscription with no email notification for now and change it possibly after pradtf has been pruned.

much appreciated as always!

in friendship,
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?