Delete Account: Is it Possible?

• Thread starter physicsisphirst
  • Start date
In summary: I regularly prune members who haven't confirmed their emails, don't worry about it.lI regularly prune members who haven't confirmed their emails, don't worry about it.lIf you have not confirmed your email, then you may be pruned. Don't worry, I regularly prune members who haven't confirmed their emails, don't worry about it.
physicsisphirst
I hope this is the correct place to ask this question.

Is it possible to delete an account I had earlier?

I registered under a different name and email, but due to a mail problem, I never received the confirmation email. So I re-registered with the name I am presently posting with, but with a yahoo email address, because I have already 'used up' the email address I wanted to register with.

If my old account could be deleted, then I could change my email in my profile.

(I have emailed ghb@uwm.edu a couple of times but have not received a response, possibly because that is not the proper place to send problems such as these.)

In friendship,
prad

Physics news on Phys.org
I regularly prune members who haven't confirmed their emails, don't worry about it.l

Greg Bernhardt said:
I regularly prune members who haven't confirmed their emails, don't worry about it.l

Thank you Greg.

If it is not an inconvenience for you, the pruning of pradtf account would be appreciated.

Then I could change my email address and setup email notification of posts, so that I don't have to remember which threads I have posted in.

Many thanks for this information.

In friendship,
prad

physicsisphirst said:
so that I don't have to remember which threads I have posted in.
Hi Prad, just FYI: you can use the search page to find threads you have posted in https://www.physicsforums.com/search.php? in case you ever want to :)

Last edited by a moderator:
To subscribe to individual threads, when replying goto below the text box to "additional options", you'll find a options grouping called "Thread Subscription" where you can select how you want it handled. Also you can automaticly get subscribed to all your threads in your user cp options menu.

thank you for the ideas, monique and greg!
there certainly are some excellent features here.
i will set subscription with no email notification for now and change it possibly after pradtf has been pruned.

much appreciated as always!

in friendship,
prad

1. Can I permanently delete my account?

Yes, it is possible to permanently delete your account from most websites and platforms. However, the process may vary depending on the specific platform and its policies. It is important to carefully read through the account deletion instructions before proceeding.

2. Will deleting my account also remove all my personal information?

In most cases, deleting your account will also remove all of your personal information from the platform's database. However, it is always a good idea to review the platform's privacy policy to understand how your personal information is used and stored.

3. Can I recover my account after deleting it?

Once your account is deleted, it may not be possible to recover it. Some platforms may have a grace period during which you can recover your account, but it is always best to double-check with the platform's customer support team.

4. Are there any consequences of deleting my account?

Deleting your account may have consequences such as losing access to any content or data associated with the account. It may also affect your ability to use certain features or services on the platform. Make sure to carefully consider the consequences before deleting your account.

5. Is there an alternative to deleting my account?

If you are unsure about deleting your account, some platforms may offer alternative options such as deactivating your account or temporarily suspending it. These options may allow you to keep your account and data, while still taking a break from the platform.