Dell Latitude D430 Drivers.

Hiya,

I recently went out and got a new D430 and due to a hard disk failure I had to replace the drive.

So I installed a fresh copy of XP-Pro sp2 and went on the hunt for the various drivers from the Dell website.

I found all but one of them... I'm not sure what driver it is looking for.. It comes up as "USB Device" and in the properties window it says the following :-

Device Type : Other Devices
Manufacturer : Unknown

If anyone needs anymore info, just get back to me.

Thanks in advance.

Answers and Replies

hi all,

That doesn't work any other ideas? i'm from corporate envoirnment and i have discovered the same problem!!

Long live bugmenot

You need to install the Bluetooth module drivers. They're called "Wireless 360 module w/ Bluetooth 2.1 EDR" on the dell website for the D430.

OT: I had the same problem and solved it. Tried to reply to help you but registration was needed. So I went to good ol' bugmenot and used that account. Which is banned because bugmenot accounts aren't welcome. Smart rule, administrators. Luckily I thought it was worth helping future forum-browsers enough to make another bugmenot account.

There's not anything plugged via USB is there? Have you tried the supplied drivers and diagnostics disc that came with your computer?

hey... i have a problem too... i have just reformat the laptop of my friend... and we cant find the CD that is bundled to it... ive downloaded some of the drivers above... but the Internet is still not working... can you tell me what specific driver that i must download to connect to the net? THANKS!

robphy
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Gold Member
but the Internet is still not working... can you tell me what specific driver that i must download to connect to the net? THANKS!
Are you referring to connection via the wired-ethernet or wireless-ethernet?
Are the corresponding drivers installed and "working properly" according to the device manager?
How do nearby computers connect to "the Internet"?
Do they connect [via a router]?