Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Dell Latitude D430 Drivers.

1. Oct 17, 2007 #1

I recently went out and got a new D430 and due to a hard disk failure I had to replace the drive.

So I installed a fresh copy of XP-Pro sp2 and went on the hunt for the various drivers from the Dell website.

I found all but one of them... I'm not sure what driver it is looking for.. It comes up as "USB Device" and in the properties window it says the following :-

Device Type : Other Devices
    Manufacturer : Unknown

If anyone needs anymore info, just get back to me.

Thanks in advance.
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 22, 2007 #2
  4. Jan 4, 2008 #3
    hi all,

That doesn't work any other ideas? i'm from corporate envoirnment and i have discovered the same problem!!
  5. Apr 10, 2008 #4
    Long live bugmenot

You need to install the Bluetooth module drivers. They're called "Wireless 360 module w/ Bluetooth 2.1 EDR" on the dell website for the D430.

OT: I had the same problem and solved it. Tried to reply to help you but registration was needed. So I went to good ol' bugmenot and used that account. Which is banned because bugmenot accounts aren't welcome. Smart rule, administrators. Luckily I thought it was worth helping future forum-browsers enough to make another bugmenot account.
  6. Apr 10, 2008 #5
    There's not anything plugged via USB is there? Have you tried the supplied drivers and diagnostics disc that came with your computer?
  7. Jul 14, 2008 #6
    hey... i have a problem too... i have just reformat the laptop of my friend... and we cant find the CD that is bundled to it... ive downloaded some of the drivers above... but the Internet is still not working... can you tell me what specific driver that i must download to connect to the net? THANKS!
  8. Jul 14, 2008 #7

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

Are you referring to connection via the wired-ethernet or wireless-ethernet?
    Are the corresponding drivers installed and "working properly" according to the device manager?
    How do nearby computers connect to "the Internet"?
    Do they connect [via a router]?
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?