Dell Latitude D430 Drivers.

• Thread starter pastperfect
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Latitude
In summary, John was trying to help a Dell customer who was having problems with their computer. He found out that the missing driver was the Bluetooth module drivers and that those drivers can be found on the Dell website. He also mentioned that the computer might not be able to connect to the Internet because there might not be a corresponding drivers installed for the wireless-ethernet. Finally, he mentioned that if the computer is nearby other computers can connect to the Internet by either using a router or by directly connecting to the computer.
pastperfect
Hiya,

I recently went out and got a new D430 and due to a hard disk failure I had to replace the drive.

So I installed a fresh copy of XP-Pro sp2 and went on the hunt for the various drivers from the Dell website.

I found all but one of them... I'm not sure what driver it is looking for.. It comes up as "USB Device" and in the properties window it says the following :-

Device Type : Other Devices
Manufacturer : Unknown

If anyone needs anymore info, just get back to me.

Thanks in advance.

Computer science news on Phys.org
hi all,

That doesn't work any other ideas? I'm from corporate envoirnment and i have discovered the same problem!

Long live bugmenot

You need to install the Bluetooth module drivers. They're called "Wireless 360 module w/ Bluetooth 2.1 EDR" on the dell website for the D430.

OT: I had the same problem and solved it. Tried to reply to help you but registration was needed. So I went to good ol' bugmenot and used that account. Which is banned because bugmenot accounts aren't welcome. Smart rule, administrators. Luckily I thought it was worth helping future forum-browsers enough to make another bugmenot account.

There's not anything plugged via USB is there? Have you tried the supplied drivers and diagnostics disc that came with your computer?

hey... i have a problem too... i have just reformat the laptop of my friend... and we can't find the CD that is bundled to it... I've downloaded some of the drivers above... but the Internet is still not working... can you tell me what specific driver that i must download to connect to the net? THANKS!

kjeavmiens33 said:
but the Internet is still not working... can you tell me what specific driver that i must download to connect to the net? THANKS!

Are you referring to connection via the wired-ethernet or wireless-ethernet?
Are the corresponding drivers installed and "working properly" according to the device manager?
How do nearby computers connect to "the Internet"?
Do they connect [via a router]?

What are "Dell Latitude D430 Drivers"?

"Dell Latitude D430 Drivers" refer to the collection of software programs that enable the proper functioning of the Dell Latitude D430 laptop. These drivers include the necessary instructions that allow the hardware components to communicate with the operating system.

Why do I need to update my Dell Latitude D430 Drivers?

Updating your Dell Latitude D430 Drivers is important in order to ensure that your laptop is running efficiently and smoothly. New driver updates often fix bugs and glitches, improve performance, and enhance security. Additionally, outdated drivers may cause compatibility issues with newer software or hardware.

How do I check for updates and install Dell Latitude D430 Drivers?

You can check for updates and install Dell Latitude D430 Drivers by going to the "Device Manager" on your laptop and selecting the specific hardware component you want to update. Then, right-click on the component and select "Update Driver." You can also visit the Dell support website and enter your laptop's model number to download and install the latest drivers.

Can I use third-party drivers for my Dell Latitude D430?

We do not recommend using third-party drivers for your Dell Latitude D430. These drivers may not be compatible with your laptop and can cause system instability or security risks. It is best to use the official drivers provided by Dell for optimal performance and compatibility.

What should I do if I encounter issues after updating my Dell Latitude D430 Drivers?

If you encounter any issues after updating your Dell Latitude D430 Drivers, you can try rolling back to the previous version of the driver. You can also contact Dell support for further assistance or visit their online community forums for troubleshooting tips.