1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Delta transformation circuit

1. Mar 16, 2009 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
    http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/danilorj/circuito.jpg [Broken]
    Above is the picture of the circuit i'm trying to solve. The problem asks to find the current over the resistor of 1 ohm.

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution
    Well, I found the equivalent resistence of the circuit and thus the total current. But to do this, I transformed the T-form of the circuit between the resistors 70,1 and 20 ohms in a delta-transformation. My doubt is when I know the current in each branch of the delta-form how am I suppose to find the current in each branch of the t-form? What is the relation of current between them?

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 16, 2009 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, danilo. Wouldn't it be easier to just solve the circuit using Kirchoff's Current Law (KCL) equations? That would be my first approach.

Last edited by a moderator: May 4, 2017
  4. Mar 16, 2009 #3
    That's a nice idea, I haven't thought that. Well, I found the current over the resistor of 1 ohm as being I = 0.1904 A. I would appreciate If you could check this answer for me.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook