• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Engineering Delta transformation circuit

• Thread starter danilo_rj
  • Start date
1. Homework Statement
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/danilorj/circuito.jpg [Broken]
Above is the picture of the circuit i'm trying to solve. The problem asks to find the current over the resistor of 1 ohm.

2. Homework Equations

3. The Attempt at a Solution
Well, I found the equivalent resistence of the circuit and thus the total current. But to do this, I transformed the T-form of the circuit between the resistors 70,1 and 20 ohms in a delta-transformation. My doubt is when I know the current in each branch of the delta-form how am I suppose to find the current in each branch of the t-form? What is the relation of current between them?

Last edited by a moderator:

berkeman

Mentor
1. Homework Statement
http://i634.photobucket.com/albums/uu67/danilorj/circuito.jpg [Broken]
Above is the picture of the circuit i'm trying to solve. The problem asks to find the current over the resistor of 1 ohm.

2. Homework Equations

3. The Attempt at a Solution
Well, I found the equivalent resistence of the circuit and thus the total current. But to do this, I transformed the T-form of the circuit between the resistors 70,1 and 20 ohms in a delta-transformation. My doubt is when I know the current in each branch of the delta-form how am I suppose to find the current in each branch of the t-form? What is the relation of current between them?

Welcome to the PF, danilo. Wouldn't it be easier to just solve the circuit using Kirchoff's Current Law (KCL) equations? That would be my first approach.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a nice idea, I haven't thought that. Well, I found the current over the resistor of 1 ohm as being I = 0.1904 A. I would appreciate If you could check this answer for me.