Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Democratic linked organizations committing election fraud in Ohio

1. Oct 23, 2004 #1
    Democratic linked organizations, ACORN and the Urban League, have been caught committing election fraud in the extremely important state of Ohio.

http://www.10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=2458796

2. jcsd
  3. Oct 23, 2004 #2

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

These people need to go to jail, and nothing less. No lousy fines or such.

Go to jail...go directly to jail. That's the only way to stop voter fraud - you've got to make it severely punishable.

4. Oct 23, 2004 #3
    While I want Kerry to win, I don't want him to win any state the way Bush won Florida in 2000. I agree with Gokul, send people who perpetrate voter fraud to jail. Though of cuorse, it's not like Republicans are free from voter-fraud scandals, I've already heard of one big case on the news where there was a voter registration drive run by republicans in which workers wouldn't get paid to register democrats and democratic registration forms were destroyed.

Clean up the electoral process and let the PEOPLE fuking decide for a change. I'd rather the ignorant many be left to decide than the corrupt few.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2004
  5. Oct 23, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

And while in this (ACORN) case, it was specific employees that were bad apples, in the other case (America Votes/Voter Outreach), the leadership itself was rotten.

6. Oct 23, 2004 #5

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

In Wisconsin, the scope for fraud before elections is very small because they have same day registration. You go to the polling place on Nov 2, register, and then vote. While this reduces cases of the above types of fraud, I can imagine it being quite the logistical nightmare on election day itself.

7. Oct 23, 2004 #6

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

Again? Wasn't it Ohio where dead Democrats voted in 2000? Don't people learn?

8. Oct 23, 2004 #7
    I would submit that the answer is "No". You'd think however many thousands of years humans have been around would be enough time to learn to avoid some common, simple mistakes, but no, we keep on making them over and over again. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

9. Oct 24, 2004 #8
    I would argue that the major force that prevents voter fraud in Wisconsin is the ID requirement and proof of address.

Despite that, in 2000 there were thousands of ballots which were questioned, a large number, especially in Milwuakee, which were fraudulant (mostly dead voters and students who also voted in their home states).

Editted to add:

I agree, prison is the only way to go. More importantly, it should be a felony, so that those who commit voter fraud also loose their right to vote.

10. Oct 24, 2004 #9

Janitor

Science Advisor

My party has been getting the preponderance of the dead vote in Albuquerque, Chicago, and East St. Louis for decades.

11. Oct 24, 2004 #10
    When someone is about to die, when they have lived their lives and seen almost everything life has to offer, they come to a moment of clarity, a moment of unrelented truth. They know what they must do. They vote absentee ballot. They vote Democrat. :biggrin:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?