1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Demonstration on theoretical physics

1. Oct 9, 2003 #1
    I am a highschool student, but I need some college level help. Ok, here's my problem.

I plan on doing a an demonstration on theoretical physics. This is for a science fair. Now, I had an idea for about half a year, but it fell through. So my question is, is there an experiment (college level) that you know of about some area of theoretical physics? Like a demonstration of antigravity, dark matter, or some of the present theories under development (LQG, M/String theory, F theory, new variable theory, twister theory).

I have had some help pertaining to proton decay experiments for string theory. Some have suggested photon interaction.

I don't want answers to an experiment, just some ideas, or maybe if you work at a college, some experiments that might take place there.

Paden Roder
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2013
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 10, 2003 #2
    How about superconductivity? You could get a sample of high-temperature superconducting substance, cool it down with liquid air, and let a magnet float over it.
    I've seen that at science fairs, it's impressive. Plus, the theory behind it is clearly above highschool level.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?