Demonstration with completes sets

In summary, A_1 and A_2 are complete sets if A is a complete set, and A^c is also a complete set if A is a complete set.
nestora
1. We have [itex]A\subseteq \mathcal{U}[/itex]. For [itex]i_1, i_2 \in \{0,1\}[/itex]and [itex]A^0 := A^c, A^1 := A[/itex].
A is a complete set if [itex]A\cap A_1 ^{i1} \cap A_2^{i2} \neq \emptyset[/itex] then [itex]A_1 ^{i1} \cap A_2^{i2} \subseteq A[/itex]

Demonstrate that [itex]A_1, A_2[/itex] are complete sets too. And if A is a complete set then [itex]A^c[/itex] is a complete set too.

2. The first part I can't get it and don't know where to begin. The second part I tried to do:
[itex]A \cap \bigcap X \neq \emptyset \rightarrow A^c \cap (\bigcap X)^c \neq \emptyset[/itex] with [itex]\bigcap X = A_1^{i1} \cap A_2^{i2}[/itex] then [itex]A^c \subseteq (\bigcap X)^c \rightarrow A^c \subseteq (A_1^{i1})^c \cup (A_2^{i2})^c[/itex]. But when I get there I'm not sure where to go next.

Any help would be very apreciated! Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
in advance.Answer: 1. Let A_1, A_2 be two subsets of U. For any i_1, i_2 in {0,1}, we have that A_1^{i1} and A_2^{i2} are also subsets of U. Since A is a complete set, we have that A∩A_1^{i1}∩A_2^{i2}≠∅. This implies that A_1^{i1}∩A_2^{i2}⊆A. Since this holds for all i_1, i_2 in {0,1}, it follows that A_1 and A_2 are both complete sets. For the second part, let A be a complete set and let X=A_1^{i1}∩A_2^{i2}. We have that A∩X≠∅, which implies that (A∩X)^c=A^c∩(X)^c≠∅. This means that A^c is also a complete set.

1. What is a demonstration with complete sets?

A demonstration with complete sets is a scientific experiment or study that involves using a set of data or samples that represent the entire population being studied. This allows for more accurate and generalizable results.

2. Why is using complete sets important in scientific demonstrations?

Using complete sets in scientific demonstrations is important because it allows for more accurate and representative results. It reduces the potential for bias or error that may occur when using a smaller sample size.

3. How do you determine the completeness of a set in a demonstration?

The completeness of a set in a demonstration can be determined by ensuring that it includes all relevant data or samples from the population being studied. This can be achieved through random sampling or other methods of data collection.

4. What are the benefits of using complete sets in scientific demonstrations?

Using complete sets in scientific demonstrations allows for more accurate and reliable results. It also increases the generalizability of the findings and reduces the potential for bias or error.

5. Are there any limitations to using complete sets in scientific demonstrations?

While using complete sets in scientific demonstrations has many benefits, it may not always be possible or practical to obtain a complete set of data. In some cases, a smaller sample size may be used, but careful consideration must be given to ensure the sample is representative of the population being studied.