1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DePauls M.S in Pure Mathematics

1. Mar 9, 2015 #1

ada

I was just wondering what people thought about this program. I know a couple of kids who are graduating with their M.S. in pure math from DePaul and they are going to university of Oregon and Toronto for the phd's.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2015 #2
    DePaul is a decent school overall, ranking 121. I don't see it having a well known math school. What did your friends say?

4. Mar 10, 2015 #3

ada

Some have better things to say than others, obviously the two I mentioned learned something or they wouldn't have been accepted into those phd programs considering Oregon and Toronto have excellent programs. I ask because I am currently at IIT and am not overly impressed with their faculty, lots of foreigners some of the professors speak terrible English. The only two other schools in Chicago that are still open for applications are Loyola and DePaul so I would just be going there to finish up my M.S. and then transfer out for my phd.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook