1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Other Depression and physics

1. Aug 2, 2015 #1
    I hate that I am not doing well in physics... I can't stop having suicidal thoughts and I hate it... All I want is to do well in physics and I can't for some reason.

I refus to ****ing believe "you're just not cut out for it"... No.... Thats not the case... No one is ever just not cut out for it. I scored a 740 on the GRE math... I know I'm capable. There is nothing special about anyone else that I am not capable of...

Why do so many ****in people quit their degree programs because they are told they aren't cut out for it? Why do we support this. There is nothing wrong with these ****in kids and yet so many people say.... "oh maybe its not for you"... **** off.... I hate that mindset...

If you can't tell I can't I'm struggling with this horribly.

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 2, 2015 #2

Orodruin

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member

This is not an issue we can deal with in an anonymous internet forum. If you are having suicidal thoughts, I strongly recommend that you get an appointment with a professional psychiatrist as soon as possible.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook