1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Deriving Conditions for D field

1. Sep 1, 2005 #1
    Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone would be willing and able to help me with this question.

Q. Derive the boundary condition satisfied by D at the interface between 2 media.

I know that the D field is continuous at the suface, but I need to be able to derive this.

If anyone can help I would be really greatful

Thanks alot in advance

hhh79bigo

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 1, 2005 #2

mezarashi

Homework Helper

You need to be able to derive that the magnetic field is continuous? I would think that something like continuity would be the original assumption in deriving other outcomes. Are you trying to derive the boundary conditions, i.e. transmitted wave, reflected wave at a dielectric interface?

4. Sep 1, 2005 #3
    The question stated is a question on a past exam paper, I am trying to review these questions.

I need to derive the boundary counditions satified by D at the interface between 2 media

Please help

Thanks

hhh79bigo

Last edited: Sep 1, 2005
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?