Describe the whole world of physics

• Thread starter LPHY
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Physics
In summary: I found the site easily but couldn’t find any where they have listed their mailing address, finally I found it on one page at the footer image.Did you found physics department mailing address?the best option for finding an email address for any department is to find the department heads email adress (listed under the contact page usually) and email him with your request.
LPHY
I am working on creating an online interactive map resource allowing everyone to add information related to physics to any location on the globe.

If anyone could provide address / Google map link for places which are related to field of physics that will be a great help for me

Thanks in Advance

Physics news on Phys.org
Here is the link to Physics Globe, please help us to map physics related areas over here
http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/physics-globe.php [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator:
Most physics research happens at universities. Your map will be ignoring the biggest chunk of physics research unless you include an option for universities.

Gokul43201 said:
Most physics research happens at universities. Your map will be ignoring the biggest chunk of physics research unless you include an option for universities.
Thank you for your valuable opinion, we added university category to Physics Globe.

Thanks

Caltech

Does anyone know the mailing address/contact details for department of physics at
Caltech - California Institute of Technology

And also where can I find a short description about their physics program,
Thanks

Here's the homepage of the Physics department at Caltech. You should be able to find the details that you want on here: http://www.pma.caltech.edu/GSR/physics.html [Broken]

cristo said:
Here's the homepage of the Physics department at Caltech. You should be able to find the details that you want on here: http://www.pma.caltech.edu/GSR/physics.html [Broken]
Thank you for your information, we added Caltech to World of Physics Map
http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/physics-globe.php?mapid=17 [Broken]

LPHY said:
Does anyone know the mailing address/contact details for department of physics at
Caltech - California Institute of Technology

And also where can I find a short description about their physics program,
Thanks

:rolleyes:

LPHY said:
Thank you for your information, we added Caltech to World of Physics Map
http://www.livephysics.com/ptools/physics-globe.php?mapid=17 [Broken]

You're welcome. It's very easy to "guess" the websites of universities, and then follow the links from the main page!

Google is a pretty fascinating feature of the internet as well. I am a bit worried about this program you are setting up if you have a hard time finding the Caltech website! (just kidding)

Google took me about 20 seconds from the time I opened my browser, typed www.google.com and searched for Caltech Physics Department.

Just giving some advice to help expedite the process so you guys don't have to wait around looking for universities.

complexPHILOSOPHY said:
Google is a pretty fascinating feature of the internet as well. I am a bit worried about this program you are setting up if you have a hard time finding the Caltech website! (just kidding)

Google took me about 20 seconds from the time I opened my browser, typed www.google.com and searched for Caltech Physics Department.

Just giving some advice to help expedite the process so you guys don't have to wait around looking for universities.

I found the site easily but couldn’t find any where they have listed their mailing address, finally I found it on one page at the footer image.

Did you found physics department mailing address?

the best option for finding an email address for any department is to find the department heads email adress (listed under the contact page usually) and email him with your request.

1. What is the definition of physics?

Physics is the branch of science that deals with the study of matter, energy, space, and time, and the interactions between them. It seeks to understand and explain the fundamental laws and principles that govern the behavior of the universe.

2. What are the main branches of physics?

The main branches of physics include classical mechanics, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, quantum mechanics, and relativity. Other subfields include astrophysics, biophysics, and nuclear physics.

3. How does physics contribute to our daily lives?

Physics plays a vital role in our daily lives, from the technology we use to the natural phenomena we observe. It helps us understand the world around us and has led to advancements in various fields, such as medicine, engineering, and communication.

4. Who are some famous physicists and their contributions?

Some famous physicists and their contributions include Albert Einstein (theory of relativity), Isaac Newton (laws of motion and gravity), Marie Curie (radioactivity), and Stephen Hawking (cosmology and black holes).

5. What are some current research topics in physics?

Current research topics in physics include dark matter and dark energy, string theory, quantum computing, and the search for a unified theory that can explain all known physical phenomena.