Describe the world in the year 3000

I'm not sure about parallel earths and the like. If you mean physical time/multiverse travel, I cannot assume this to be possible. Parallel earths could be reconstructed virtually, but I doubt the establishment will allow you to subject billions of humanoid creatures for your personal amusement.
You're making three assumptions: one, that there's still establishment (in my opinion, it'll be replaced by an unknowable hive mind), two, that its moral principles disapprove of creating parallel universes, physical or virtual, in order to subject their residents to one's personal amusement, three, that parallel universe travel is either unavailable or a controlled technology. Ultimately, the mega-computer would play a role of "big brother" that prevents everyone who's not "hooked up" from doing everything it disapproves of, but that would be a late stage of development. And it could limit its big brother functions to self-defense - for example, preventing non-hooked-up people from building nukes.

In any event, space exploration should be a viable path for those who do not wish to hook up.

I think at that time there will me many changes for the world

there will be no more cars or planes

The movement of people will be by fax

there will be fax cabine to travel from city to other

With any luck, single folks with companion animals will be able to claim the "Head of the Household" deduction on their IRS return and furthermore, the NHL will be the number one sport in the solar system.

I apologize for the humor (yeah, that was meant to be humorous). I can't fathom a thousand years out.

Pshh...only 3000? In 2257 Earth will make first contact with the Minbari nearly leading to the destruction of human kind until a minbari prophecy is fulfilled by a human. After fighting a war against and eventually driving away highly evolved energy beings. 500 years later there will be a disaster and Earth will be destroyed. After five hundred more years interstellar flight and jump gate technology will be rediscovered. After one million years this will happen:

I know it's true cause I saw it on T.V.

Last edited by a moderator:
In the year 3000 the earth will be generally green and verdant, there will be little or no pollution herds of wild beasts will roam the African plains the oceans will be filled with the sound of whale song. Either mankind will have wiped themselves out, or they will have become so advanced that all technology will be clean (or performed off planet) and so dispersed through the Solar system that they can leave their home as a vast parkland.