Describe this group graphicly

• Thread starter lom
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Group
What does that tell you about the location of z on the complex plane?In summary, |z-i|=|z+1| represents the equality of the distance from an arbitrary complex number z to i and the distance from the same z to 1. This suggests that z lies on the perpendicular bisector of the line segment connecting i and 1 on the complex plane.
lom
|z-i|=|z+1|

i know that |z-i| is a circle
shifted by i
|z-1| means center shifted by 1

but its not telling the full picture

Physics news on Phys.org
Please don't double-post.
Edit: This is actually not a duplicate, but it would be better if you came up with different titles for different problems.

lom said:
|z-i|=|z+1|

i know that |z-i| is a circle
shifted by i
No, |z - i| represents the distance from an arbitrary complex number z to i. The value is a real number. It is not a circle.
lom said:
|z-1| means center shifted by 1
In your original equation, the expression is |z - 1|. This represents the distance from some complex number z to 1.
lom said:
but its not telling the full picture
Think about what it means that the distance from z to i equals the distance from the same z to 1.

What is a group graphic?

A group graphic is a visual representation of data or information that displays the relationship or patterns among a group of items. It can be in the form of a chart, diagram, or map.

What are the types of group graphics?

There are several types of group graphics, including bar graphs, pie charts, line graphs, scatter plots, and network diagrams. Each type is used to represent different types of data and display different relationships among the items in the group.

How do you describe a group graphic?

To describe a group graphic, you should start by identifying the type of graphic and the data it represents. Then, you can describe the patterns, trends, or relationships that are shown by the graphic. It is also important to mention any key points or outliers that stand out in the graphic.

What are the key components of a group graphic?

The key components of a group graphic include a title, labels for the x and y axes, a legend (if applicable), and a scale or key. These components help to provide context and understanding for the data being presented in the graphic.

How can group graphics be used in scientific research?

Group graphics are a valuable tool in scientific research as they can help to visually represent complex data and make it easier to identify patterns and trends. They can also be used to compare data between different groups or to track changes over time. Group graphics can be used in various fields of science, including biology, psychology, and environmental studies.