Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design of electronic nose

1. Aug 12, 2006 #1
    I wanted to get information about how to design an electronic nose.How to get started, how to get concepts related to it.Can anyone help me?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 12, 2006 #2

dlgoff

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Here's a way to generate audio white noise.

Attached Files:

4. Aug 12, 2006 #3

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Wikipedia has several nice pages on the different colors of noise:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_noise

5. Aug 12, 2006 #4

berkeman

OMG! I just realized that both dlgoff and I misread the OP's question (and even the title of the thread!). Nose, not noise.:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Okay, sorry about that. Electronic nose. Hmmm, where to start. Beats me. What kind of resources do you know about already? With all the bomb sniffing technology around right now, there must be some pretty good info on different reactions that can be used for "smelling" various stuff.

What kind of things have you been able to find through google so far?

6. Aug 12, 2006 #5

berkeman

Good old google. That wasn't even hard! I just googled electronic nose, and got lots of pertinant hits right at the top of the hit list:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=electronic+nose

7. Aug 13, 2006 #6
    Hi,
    I too wanted to know about details of constructions of electronic nose.By GOOGLE, one gets information about what e-nose is, it's uses and very little is known about principles and constuctional details.I mean what gas sensors to use, how gas sensors are arranged etc. Does anyone have any idea on its construction details?

8. Aug 13, 2006 #7

NoTime

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

You could try September Nano Letters.

Describes carbon nanotubes layered with single stranded DNA for a sensor.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?