How to Create a 90-Degree Turning Infield Carrier for Motorcycles

In summary, the conversation discussed how to create a joint for a cylinder shaft that can rotate 90 degrees. The application is for an infield carrier that connects to a motorcycle and is filled with palm oil. The goal is for the carrier to be able to tip off using gravity without the user having to get off the motorcycle. Suggestions were given to use a hooke coupling and offset drive to allow for the joint to follow the carrier's rhythm and twist 90 degrees.
roronoazorro
how to joint two cylinder shaft which can make it turn 90degree

anyone can give their opinion for me? :D

Engineering news on Phys.org

Can you give more information of what you're trying to do? What is the application? Is it twisting 90 degrees or bending 90 degrees or something else altogether?

the project is infield carrier.. this carrier connect to motorcyle..this carrier need to tip off by using gravity that make the user don't need to down from motorcycle. this connection play a role to make it success.. sorry my english not so good..

the project is infield carrier.. this carrier connect to motorcyle..this carrier need to tip off by using gravity that make the user don't need to down from motorcycle. this connection play a role to make it success.. this carrier is fill with palm oil. the load inside carrier around 300kg. sorry my english not so good.. so i thought i want to join this conection by using hooke coupling and offset drive.. its better?? because i want to make this conection can follow the rhythm of carrier and can twist around 90degree.. anyone can give suggestion??

Last edited by a moderator:

1. What is an infield carrier?

An infield carrier is a specialized piece of equipment used in the sport of baseball or softball. It is a small vehicle that is used to maintain the infield surface by dragging and leveling the dirt and clay.

2. How does an infield carrier work?

An infield carrier typically consists of a metal frame with a drag or rake attached to the back. The drag is dragged behind the vehicle and is used to smooth and level the infield surface, removing any bumps or divots. The carrier is usually powered by a small engine and can be operated by one person.

3. What are the benefits of using an infield carrier?

Using an infield carrier helps to maintain a safe and playable playing surface for baseball or softball games. It also helps to prevent injuries by removing any hazards or irregularities in the infield. Additionally, it can improve the overall appearance of the field.

4. How often should an infield carrier be used?

The frequency of infield carrier use depends on the condition of the field and the level of play. Generally, it is recommended to use the infield carrier before and after each game or practice, as well as periodically throughout the season to maintain the infield surface.

5. Are there different types of infield carriers?

Yes, there are various types of infield carriers available on the market. Some may have different attachments for specific tasks such as scarifying or adding moisture to the infield surface. It is important to choose the right type of infield carrier based on the needs of the field and the level of play.