Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Design the infield carrier.

1. Sep 22, 2011 #1
    how to joint two cylinder shaft which can make it turn 90degree

anyone can give their opinion for me? :D

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 22, 2011 #2
    Re: how to joint two cylinder shaft which can make it turn 90degree

Can you give more information of what you're trying to do? What is the application? Is it twisting 90 degrees or bending 90 degrees or something else altogether?

4. Sep 24, 2011 #3
    Re: how to joint two cylinder shaft which can make it turn 90degree

the project is infield carrier.. this carrier connect to motorcyle..this carrier need to tip off by using gravity that make the user don't need to down from motorcycle. this connection play a role to make it success.. sorry my english not so good..

5. Sep 25, 2011 #4
    the project is infield carrier.. this carrier connect to motorcyle..this carrier need to tip off by using gravity that make the user don't need to down from motorcycle. this connection play a role to make it success.. this carrier is fill with palm oil. the load inside carrier around 300kg. sorry my english not so good.. so i thought i want to join this conection by using hooke coupling and offset drive.. its better?? because i want to make this conection can follow the rythm of carrier and can twist around 90degree.. anyone can give suggestion??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2011
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook