1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Desperate for astrophysics help

1. Nov 27, 2005 #1
    The energy generation rate for p-p fusion has an approximate dependence on density and temperature given by:
    E= e (p/pc)(T/Tc)^4

i don't know how to write all the symbols so in the above:

E is epsilon, e is epsilon at the centre of the star, p is the density, pc is density at the centre, Tc is temp at centre.

a) find the equation for the temperature within a constant density, ideal gas star to show how E depends on the radial distance from the centre of the star. Express your answer in terms of the fraction r/R where R is the total radius of the star and r is the distance from the centre.

I am lost. We have an equation for the pressure of a constant density star P(r)= (3GM^2/(8piR^4))(1-r^2/R^2). Ideal gas law tells us P= nkt where n= density/m. The average density of a star is 3M/4piR^3.

I can't figure this out. Any help, this assignment is due tomorrow.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?