Desperate help needed

• Thread starter akuma3251
  • Start date
Newtons 2nd Law experiment

Homework Statement

I need some data for labexperiment 11 Newtons second law in which you add weights to a hanging weight which pulls a cart through a photogate. Anyway i was wondering if anyone else has done this lab because i need data for the acceleration of the system when the weight has .05 .07 .09 .11 and .13 (kilograms) so i can calculate the force of gravity

Homework Equations

F=MA

The Attempt at a Solution

I know i need to calculate the Force of gravity with the mass of the system however in order ot do so i must know the acceleration which i regretfully do not have.

Last edited:

Answers and Replies

So what you're asking is has anyone done this lab, so you can copy their data? why didn't you do this is class?

I can't really help you as I never did an actual lab, I instead did it algebraically, acceleration due to gravity (neglecting friction, and on earth at approx seas level, I forgot the radius) is 9.8m/s.

So what you're asking is has anyone done this lab, so you can copy their data? why didn't you do this is class?

I can't really help you as I never did an actual lab, I instead did it algebraically, acceleration due to gravity (neglecting friction, and on earth at approx seas level, I forgot the radius) is 9.8m/s.

I guess if you want to say it like that yea i need some data, however data is not important in this labit is the work we show in calculating the force of friction as well as graphs and I was not in the classs to get the data i was on a family trip and came back as we got out of school for a week and a half winter break.

ask your teacher over the email for an extension or ask a friend

or if you have no friends (kidding :) ) then email your teacher and ask for numbers.

Redbelly98
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author

I agree, explain to your teacher that you were away with your family and ask how you can (properly) obtain the data you need to complete the assignment.

Moderator's note: locking thread.