Desperately seeking help with stats 1001

• Thread starter chelle
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stats
In summary, a newcomer is struggling with their statistics 1001 homework, which involves regression. Their teacher's language barrier makes it difficult to understand the material and the textbook doesn't provide enough examples. They are seeking assistance with questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9, and have provided scanned images of the questions. They also request for help with the steps or equations needed to solve the problems.
chelle
hello, I'm a newcomer here :smile: i am taking statistics 1001 and am having a horrible time with this weeks homework. it basically has to do with regression. unfortunately my teacher barely speaks english and it was especially hard to understand her this week (is she speaking about z-scores - or did she say b lor? or hippo? honestly, it's that bad) also, this particular section in my book doesn't give many examples on how to work out these problems. any help (the steps/equations i need to take to get to my answers or something of the like) you could give me would be great!

i have to do questions 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 9

here are links to scanned images of the questions

http://stfuyouomg.net/chelle/question1.jpg

http://stfuyouomg.net/chelle/question2.jpg

http://stfuyouomg.net/chelle/question3.jpg

http://stfuyouomg.net/chelle/question4.jpg

thanks so much. i hope some of you will be able to help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
You need to show where you got in your attempts at solving the problems before anyone can help.

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you're struggling with your statistics homework. It can be tough to understand a subject when your teacher isn't able to communicate clearly. Regression can be a challenging topic, but with some practice and guidance, I'm sure you'll be able to work through these problems.

First, let's clarify what your teacher may have been saying. Z-scores are a way to measure how far a data point is from the mean in a normal distribution. B-lor may refer to the slope of a regression line, and hippo could possibly be referring to the hypothesis or null hypothesis in a regression analysis. It's always best to ask your teacher for clarification if you're unsure about something.

In terms of working through the problems, the first step is to make sure you understand the concept of regression and the equations involved. It's important to know what each variable represents and how they are related. It may also be helpful to look for additional resources, such as online tutorials or practice problems, to supplement your textbook.

For the specific questions you mentioned, I would recommend breaking them down into smaller steps and working through them one at a time. Make sure to double check your work and use a calculator if necessary. If you get stuck, don't be afraid to ask for help from a classmate, tutor, or online forum.

It's also important to keep in mind that understanding statistics takes time and practice. Don't get discouraged if you don't get the answers right away. Keep working at it and don't be afraid to ask for help when needed.

I hope this helps and good luck with your homework!

1. What is Stats 1001?

Stats 1001 is an introductory statistics course that covers basic concepts and techniques used in data analysis. It is often a required course for students in fields such as social sciences, business, and healthcare.

2. What topics are covered in Stats 1001?

Topics covered in Stats 1001 may include descriptive statistics, probability, hypothesis testing, and inferential statistics. Students will also learn how to use statistical software and interpret results.

3. Is Stats 1001 a difficult course?

The difficulty of Stats 1001 may vary for each individual, but overall it is considered to be a challenging course. It requires a strong foundation in mathematics and critical thinking skills.

4. How can I succeed in Stats 1001?

To succeed in Stats 1001, it is important to attend lectures, actively participate in discussions, and complete all assignments and readings. It is also helpful to seek help from the professor or a tutor if needed.

5. What job opportunities are available for someone with a background in Stats 1001?

A background in Stats 1001 can lead to various job opportunities in fields such as data analysis, market research, and public health. Many industries, including finance and technology, also value candidates with strong statistical skills.