Detention For 16 Year Old Who Assaulted 8 Women In Less Than Two Hours

In summary: I don't think that's the same as detention in the school sense.sure, people have fetishes, but i think you are agreeing with me that perhaps he isn't fully in control of himself. he also claims not to remember some of the attacks. hard to say how much is malice, but he sounds a bit like a rowdy dog. maybe a few good swats with a newspaper and some chemical assistance would help.Four years seems like a decent sentence for a 16 year old.
Physics news on Phys.org
Hard to say. I assume somewhere on the order of five years in prison. What I find surprising is that this attacker's "good background" worked in his favor. Does this mean that if he came from a lower income family he would have been sentenced more harshly? Hopefully, here in America civil rights activists would be all over this for discrimination on the basis of social class.

I don't think 'good supportive background' is indicative of any social class. I think it means that he has family support (who aren't all similarly criminal minded) that will hopefully set him on the right track once he gets out. You can have a supportive family if you come from a low income family.

Kurdt said:
I don't think 'good supportive background' is indicative of any social class. I think it means that he has family support (who aren't all similarly criminal minded) that will hopefully set him on the right track once he gets out. You can have a supportive family if you come from a low income family.

Exactly: there is no discrimination expressed here by the judge.

I kind of look at it the other way around. The crime seems much worse if the kid comes from a good family...he had all the right upbringing and role models in place, yet acted out violently anyway. Doesn't that seem worse than a kid raised in a family of criminals who was simply never taught good behavior?

He got 4 years in juvenile hall. That's about the same as what someone that age would get here. isn't it?

Seems like a reasonable sentence to me.

OK, maybe I was misunderstanding the "good background" thing. But Moonbear's point is a good one. I'm not sure I personally agree with using an explanation of someone's bad behavior to absolve him/her. But I could see a judge partially excusing a person who comes from a "bad" background. This doesn't make much sense.

arunma said:
OK, maybe I was misunderstanding the "good background" thing. But Moonbear's point is a good one. I'm not sure I personally agree with using an explanation of someone's bad behavior to absolve him/her. But I could see a judge partially excusing a person who comes from a "bad" background. This doesn't make much sense.

You can see a judge partially excusing someone who is more likely to offend again yet can't see them being a bit more lenient if their actions are an aberration and they have the support necessary to be rehabilitated? :confused:

he was dry humping his victims? why do get the impression he's not playing with a full deck?

Proton Soup said:
he was dry humping his victims? why do get the impression he's not playing with a full deck?

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Frotterism

There was an " Intent to rape " , even when he did not actually rape anyone despite the fact that he could have , however it was still a bit more than Frotterism.

The judge possibly sensed that boy was a bit disadvantaged mentally - eight women are going to deal with being fondled - and none of them are going to be recompensed. Apparently it is going to be easy to monitor him.

GCT said:
http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Frotterism

There was an " Intent to rape " , even when he did not actually rape anyone despite the fact that he could have , however it was still a bit more than Frotterism.

The judge possibly sensed that boy was a bit disadvantaged mentally - eight women are going to deal with being fondled - and none of them are going to be recompensed. Apparently it is going to be easy to monitor him.

sure, people have fetishes, but i think you are agreeing with me that perhaps he isn't fully in control of himself. he also claims not to remember some of the attacks. hard to say how much is malice, but he sounds a bit like a rowdy dog. maybe a few good swats with a newspaper and some chemical assistance would help.

Four years seems like a decent sentence for a 16 year old. What's the point of this thread?

I think he thought the kid got detention as in you have to stay after school for an hour in detention.

What led to the 16-year-old assaulting 8 women?

The reasons for the 16-year-old's actions are not fully known, but it could be due to a variety of factors such as mental health issues, exposure to violence, or a desire for power and control.

What are the consequences for the 16-year-old's actions?

The 16-year-old may face legal consequences such as detention, probation, or counseling. They may also receive psychological evaluations and treatment to address any underlying issues.

Is there a pattern or common characteristics among individuals who commit similar assaults?

It is difficult to generalize as each individual is different, but some common characteristics among individuals who commit similar assaults may include a history of violence or aggression, lack of empathy, and a sense of entitlement.

How can we prevent similar incidents from happening in the future?

Prevention of similar incidents requires a multifaceted approach including addressing underlying issues, education and awareness about consent and respect, and providing support and resources for individuals who may be at risk of committing assault.

What role do societal attitudes and beliefs play in incidents like these?

Societal attitudes and beliefs can contribute to a culture of violence and toxic masculinity, which can lead to incidents like these. It is important to challenge and change these attitudes and beliefs to create a safer and more respectful society for all individuals.