1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Determine the value of the auxiliary resistance, professor showed us, didn't work?

1. Nov 6, 2005 #1
    Hello everyone, i'm running into a problem getting the last part of this question, part (c). I posted my work here: http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/4353/lastscan4wr.jpg
    When i applied kurchofs rule i got the following exxpression:
    -RsIs + RgIg = 0
    RgIg = RsIs
    Rs = [RgIg]/Is

Any ideas where i'm messing up at? The professor said its right the way i'm doing it, but he might have missed somthing..

The coil of a certain galvanometer has a resistance of 74.2 ; its needle shows a full-scale deflection when a current of 1.51 mA passes through its coil.

(c) Determine the value of the auxiliary resistance required to convert the galvanometer to an ammeter that reads 50.0 mA at full-scale deflection.
    wrong check mark
    (d) Should this resistance be connected in series or in parallel?
    [in series]

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted