Devil's Advocate

• Thread starter FZ+
  • Start date
since the thread hasent been moving i will poke it with a stick and see if it is dead.

MIke Tyson had a good message when he siad i'll eat your kids

mouseman

Children are highly nutritious, due to their active lifestyle and large consumption of protiens and carbohydrates. They are both tender and lean. They also make a great snack. I believe the motivation behind Mr. Tyson's statement was that he wished to benefit from the wholesome goodness of kids in order to get an edge over his opponent. So I feel we should all follow suit and have a baby for breakfast.

P.S. - It would also help our out-of-control population growth to eat a couple kids every week.

Here's my topic:
Smoking is good for your health and others around you.

Ben-CS

Smoking will slowly kill you. This frees up resources that your offspring can use, thus improving their survival and, by heredity, the survival of your own genes. The slowness, however, allows you time to pass on your knowledge and ideologies and prevents too much psychologic stress, which could cause infertility. Without you to encumber them, your offspring are free to disperse and distribute your genes; they will also avoid inbreeding, which would be very unhealthy for your genes.

New Topic:

No one should live past forty years of age.

----------------------------------------------------------------
I am the Devil's Advocate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ben-CS

Alternatively, you could try defending this one:

Role-playing games can be useful for teaching science.

steppenwolf

Originally posted by Ben-CS

New Topic:

No one should live past forty years of age.

knowing we will one day not too far off be disposed of naturally or otherwise will motivate us to actually get off our arses and do something productive. how easy is it to sit around for 80 years saying 'oh i'll do it tomorrow', if we actually had a deadline there might be more mozart's, jeff buckley's, rimbaud's and maiakovski's in the world, all of whom did all they had to do within 30 years! not to mention the drain on the economy, geez! humanity will thus benifit culturally and economically from such an initiative.

ummmm; marriages should all be arranged by your parents?

Originally posted by steppenwolf
knowing we will one day not too far off be disposed of naturally or otherwise will motivate us to actually get off our arses and do something productive. how easy is it to sit around for 80 years saying 'oh i'll do it tomorrow', if we actually had a deadline there might be more mozart's, jeff buckley's, rimbaud's and maiakovski's in the world, all of whom did all they had to do within 30 years! not to mention the drain on the economy, geez! humanity will thus benifit culturally and economically from such an initiative.

ummmm; marriages should all be arranged by your parents?
It's long been accepted that parents know what's best for their children. However, even if this is not true, a person left to their own choice of a mate is so much more likely to make a mistake (since falling in love impares judgement) then his/her parents (who are not at all affected by whether their child is in love or not, but are just thinking of how compatible their child is with the propective mate).

(To get Ben-CS's question some recognition) Role-playing games can be useful for teaching science.

selfAdjoint

Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
(To get Ben-CS's question some recognition) Role-playing games can be useful for teaching science.
Clearly most people are bored out of their skulls with dull facts and awful math problems. Their minds turn off and they don't learn any science at all. But pretending you're a photon or an RNA plasmid is FUN. People learn much better from fun, and they might even retain something past the next exam.

Quantum Field theory does not exist.

steppenwolf

Originally posted by selfAdjoint
Clearly most people are bored out of their skulls with dull facts and awful math problems. Their minds turn off and they don't learn any science at all. But pretending you're a photon or an RNA plasmid is FUN. People learn much better from fun, and they might even retain something past the next exam.
well i just HAVE to disagree there, and you sounded so sarcastic

what could possibly be more traumatising for two prepubescant kids then being forced to stand out the front of a class of giggling kiddies and hold hands to close a circuit with the teacher inevitabely cracking all those terrible jokes about the electricity between little tommy and susan, OH THE SHAME!!! that sort of thing turns kids of science for life! ugh this is bringing back too many bad memories, excuse me while i go cry in a corner!

but anyway, back to selfadjoint's topic:
Quantum Field theory does not exist.

That is impossable if it was i would understand it...duh

Originally posted by The Grimmus
That is impossable if it was i would understand it...duh
This is your answer?

Well, OK, what's your new question?

oh well i figured that some one would elaberate on that. Also it got the fourm posted at the top agian, kind of like this post. But if someone dosent eleaberate on it i will post a question

FZ+

Existence implies reality. Reality is defined as that which does not go away if you stop believing in it. It all those who work on Quantum Field theory cease to study it and to belief that it is worth studying, then it would as a theory cease to be present. Therefore, it is not real, but an abstract, imaginary entity. Therefore it does not exist.
Really, too easy...

Freedom is not worthwhile.

may i just take time out to thank you for creating this.

ok enough sucking up
Freedome is anything but worth it's prices. lets take Africa, it was imperlized by england mostly and they fought it. Many died and never saw freedome, others were weeded out and their villages burned down and sufferd that burdan of guilt. And the onese taht did aviod this never saw freedome it never happend it their life time. And when freedome finally came those who recived it did nothing comparead to the ones before. Freedome is a slow procces and gradually England let Africa free law by law village by village, so those living at the end of their imperlism did not appreciate it as much s thos ewho fought and died for it. also i am too lazy to do it so as*es to that...

Ok Question: i can not be charged if i where to say "i thouht the cop was a prostitute"

i can not be charged if i where to say "i thouht the cop was a prostitute" [/B]
Plead insanity. (brought on by the clap or Karposi Sarcoma on the brain)

Your statement:

"I can prove that gravity is an effect of electro-magnetism"

mouseman

Originally posted by quantumcarl
Your statement:

Hey I thought "General Discussion" was supposed to be an escape from the world of physics! Us ignoramuses can't answer those kinds of questions.

Plead insanity. (brought on by the clap or Karposi Sarcoma on the brain)

Your statement:

Well, there is not other known particle to satisfy QM's need for "force-carrier" particles to attribute to each of the forces. I can't really prove this one though. How about a suggestion, quantumcarl?

Originally posted by Mentat
Well, there is not other known particle to satisfy QM's need for "force-carrier" particles to attribute to each of the forces. I can't really prove this one though. How about a suggestion, quantumcarl?
Try looking at the magnetic field of a planetary body and superimposing the gravitational field of the same body onto the former field. Now find the similarities and the variations.

Use rate of change (calculus) when introducing other bodies (such as the moon or asteriods) to determine any synergistic relationships between the actions (changes) in the two afore mentioned fields (gravitational and magnetic).

The magnetic field is electromagnetic in terms of static resulting from certain alignments of trace and random particles and their relative reactions to one another.

Does this help with your statement?

Try looking at the magnetic field of a planetary body and superimposing the gravitational field of the same body onto the former field. Now find the similarities and the variations.

Use rate of change (calculus) when introducing other bodies (such as the moon or asteriods) to determine any synergistic relationships between the actions (changes) in the two afore mentioned fields (gravitational and magnetic).

The magnetic field is electromagnetic in terms of static resulting from certain alignments of trace and random particles and their relative reactions to one another.

Does this help with your statement?
Good enough. Are you going to post a new statement for us?

Originally posted by Mentat
Good enough. Are you going to post a new statement for us?

You don't need proof to prove something.

You don't need proof to prove something.
Man! You come up with some really hard ones. Here goes nothing (please no debates about "nothing", it's just an expression :wink:)...

Well first off, you could just appear to have proof, and someone could still believe you.

But, more importantly, Godel's theorems show that to attempt to prove a system by use of that system leads to paradox. Since proof itself is technically a system, I can't prove my proof, without resulting in paradox. However, I have, on numerous occasions, proven something to someone. So, obviously, since proof doesn't exist outside of paradox, I have never used proof to prove any of things I've proven.

That's the best I could think of, off the top of my head.

Here's my point, for you to try to defend:

Shooting someone in the stomach is better than shooting them in the head.

well when you pop a cap in the head their dead but when u pop a cap in nthe stomache they may die whcih will help the autopsy report by mkaing a huge gaping "insicion" in the stomache. I they dont die then they are rushed ot the hospital and their stomach is sewed back together, this makes it smaller and helps them lose weight. So by shooting in the stomahc your just calling them fat.

a hostage situation is like a tea party with EDIT:guns

Last edited:

a hostage situation is like a tea party with gund
I assume you meant "guns".

At a tea party, you sit; do what the host/ess tells you to do; leave after being formally dismissed (please note the possibility of applying the term "formally dismissed" to being shot); try not to speak, and when you do, to speak of things that you hope the host/ess will find appropriate; most of the people that are at a tea party are trying to get out (as quickly as possible) and those that aren't are probably insane anyway.

Alright, enough goofy ones.

The next statement to be defended:

Evolutionary Psychology rules, in spite of the fact that the H and G tribes were relatively non-violent. (If you don't understand what I'm talking about, I reference you to RageSk8's reply to me, on the last page of the thread, entitled "Free Will. A hoax?".)

Last edited:
i dont have a good defencse but i wanted to revie this thread..if i think of soemthing i will edit this

Here, I'll just post a new point to defend:

Prophecy is solid proof of God's existence. (I can't argue this one, but I could argue it's inverse - "Prophecy is not solid proof of God's existence. I only posted it the way I did because most PF members are atheistic, in my experience.)