Devry University EE Masters Program: ABET Evaluation

• Thread starter Vectorspace
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Ee Masters
In summary, Devry University offers an online Master's program in Electrical Engineering that is currently not ABET accredited. However, the university is in the process of being evaluated by ABET and may potentially receive accreditation. Although the possibility of accreditation is desirable, there is uncertainty in the level of confidence from Devry regarding this matter. Additionally, it should be noted that many Master's programs are not ABET accredited, and there are other options available such as the online MSEE program offered by North Carolina State University.
Vectorspace
Devry University online has a Master's program for Electrical Engineering. The degree is not yet ABET accredited. I talked to someone at Devry and they said that ABET was going to evaluate the program and possibly put the stamp of approval on it (become accredited).

Has anyone heard about this?

Physics news on Phys.org
I have spoken to DeVry about the possibility of them becoming ABET accredited. Me personally, I would like to see that happen very much. However, over the phone they didn't sound confident, and I got the impression they will constantly be saying the same thing for years to come. Like I said, it sounds good, but doubtful.

Most Masters programs are not Abet accredited anyway. But why choose Devry? I know my school has an online MSEE : http://engineeringonline.ncsu.edu/EOL_DEGREES/MSEE.pdf .

1. What is the ABET evaluation for Devry University's EE Masters Program?

The ABET evaluation is a process in which the EE Masters Program at Devry University is reviewed by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET). This evaluation ensures that the program meets specific criteria and standards set by ABET, including the program's educational objectives, student outcomes, and curriculum.

2. Why is the ABET evaluation important for Devry University's EE Masters Program?

The ABET evaluation is important because it provides external validation of the quality and rigor of the EE Masters Program at Devry University. It also allows the program to continuously improve and stay current with industry standards and practices, ensuring that graduates are well-prepared for their careers.

3. How often does the EE Masters Program at Devry University undergo an ABET evaluation?

The EE Masters Program at Devry University is evaluated by ABET every six years. However, the program must also undergo a self-study and interim report process in the years between evaluations to maintain accreditation.

4. What are some specific criteria that the EE Masters Program must meet for the ABET evaluation?

The EE Masters Program must meet criteria in areas such as student outcomes, curriculum, faculty, facilities, and continuous improvement. For example, student outcomes must demonstrate that graduates have the skills and knowledge necessary for successful careers in the field of electrical engineering.

5. How does the ABET evaluation benefit students in the EE Masters Program at Devry University?

The ABET evaluation benefits students by ensuring that they receive a high-quality education that meets industry standards. It also provides students with the opportunity to provide feedback and shape the program's curriculum and objectives. Additionally, graduating from an ABET-accredited program can enhance students' job prospects and make it easier to obtain professional licensure.