Dew Point -- will we be able to see our breath?

• Thread starter il27
  • Start date
oh i see. 14 degrees C is the dew point of the mixing temperatures?
since the actual mixed temperature (10C) we conclude that we will see not see our breath. because the dew point is low, so there is not a lot of moisture in the air...?
The dew point temperature of the gas mixture is 14 C is and the actual gas mixture temperature is 10 C. When you go out on a cold morning (10C) and the dew point is 14 C, are you saying that you won't see dew on the grass?

il27
The dew point temperature of the gas mixture is 14 C is and the actual gas mixture temperature is 10 C. When you go out on a cold morning (10C) and the dew point is 14 C, are you saying that you won't see dew on the grass?
oh no. you will see dew because the dew point for hte mixed temperature is greater than the actual gas mixture temperature! right?
also one more question... i thought the dew point could never be greater than the temperature?

oh no. you will see dew because the dew point for hte mixed temperature is greater than the actual gas mixture temperature! right?
also one more question... i thought the dew point could never be greater than the temperature?
Right. So. You conclude that if the temperature of the parcel got down to 10 C, it would be below the dew point and dew would form.

Likes il27