DFA Minimization Marking Step Guide | Zulfi

In summary, the conversation discusses a question about understanding the marking procedure for DFA minimization and the possibility of getting help from members of other forums. The original poster also expresses confusion about why the question was moved to the current forum.
zak100
mod note: not homework

I have got a DFA. I can't understand the marking procedure used for DFA minimizationHi,
I am not able to understand the marking step for DFA minization. Some body please guide me. I have uploaded the image.

Zulfi.
dfa reduction.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Engineering news on Phys.org
I suggest you try posting this on the "Programming and Computer Science" forum, there may be some help there.

@zak100 -- If you want this thread moved to the EE forum or the Computing forum, please click the "Report" link in your post and ask the Mentors to move it. Thanks.

Hi,
Administrator has moved this question to this forum. Who is stopping EE forum people or Computing forum people to answer this question on this forum? Which PF rule prohibits them??

Zulfi.

zak100 said:
Who is stopping EE forum people or Computing forum people to answer this question on this forum? Which PF rule prohibits them??
Nothing is stopping them, but I think few of the members with the background to answer this question ever visit the General Engineering forum. It's best to try to figure out which members may be able to provide the most help, and post in the forum that they frequent.

1. What is DFA minimization?

DFA minimization is a process in automata theory that involves simplifying a Deterministic Finite Automaton (DFA) by reducing the number of states while preserving its functionality. This is done to make the DFA more efficient and easier to understand.

2. Why is DFA minimization important?

DFA minimization is important because it allows us to reduce the complexity of a DFA, making it easier to analyze and understand. It also helps in reducing the size of the DFA, which can lead to faster execution times and less memory usage.

3. What is the marking step in DFA minimization?

The marking step is a crucial part of the DFA minimization process. It involves marking pairs of states that are distinguishable, meaning that they lead to different outcomes when given the same input. This step is repeated until all pairs of states have been marked.

4. How does the marking step work?

The marking step works by comparing each pair of states in the DFA and marking them as distinguishable or indistinguishable based on their transitions. If a pair of states leads to different outcomes for the same input, they are marked as distinguishable. This process is repeated until all pairs of states have been marked.

5. What is the purpose of the DFA minimization marking step guide by Zulfi?

The DFA minimization marking step guide by Zulfi is a comprehensive guide that provides step-by-step instructions on how to perform the marking step in DFA minimization. It also includes examples and explanations to help individuals understand the concept better and apply it to their own DFAs.