Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DGLAP g-g splitting function?

1. Jan 12, 2009 #1
    Hi -

this is my first post. I'm a recent PhD particle experimentalist; though I'm trying to get a better understanding of underlying theory in my spare time (I hope to contribute more here later).

My question - does anyone know a good source for a derivation of the P_gg (gluon-gluon) splitting function in the Altarelli-Parisi/DGLAP evolution equations? This hasn't been an easy thing to come by. I've worked through solutions for P_qq, P_qg and P_gq ; P_gg is apparently considerably trickier, and explicit solutions seem accordingly more difficult to come by.

I've looked at Altarelli, Parisi's original paper, and I'm having trouble with the notation; I'm wondering if there's a (newer?) textbook out there that works this out explicitly.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2009 #2
    Never mind - figured it out! (Sifting through the 1977 paper by Altarelli/Parisi, Peskin & Schroeder's Field Theory, and the 3-gluon vertex Feynman rule eventually confessed the right answer.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?