1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DGLAP g-g splitting function?

1. Jan 12, 2009 #1
    Hi -

this is my first post. I'm a recent PhD particle experimentalist; though I'm trying to get a better understanding of underlying theory in my spare time (I hope to contribute more here later).

My question - does anyone know a good source for a derivation of the P_gg (gluon-gluon) splitting function in the Altarelli-Parisi/DGLAP evolution equations? This hasn't been an easy thing to come by. I've worked through solutions for P_qq, P_qg and P_gq ; P_gg is apparently considerably trickier, and explicit solutions seem accordingly more difficult to come by.

I've looked at Altarelli, Parisi's original paper, and I'm having trouble with the notation; I'm wondering if there's a (newer?) textbook out there that works this out explicitly.

Thanks!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 20, 2009 #2
    Never mind - figured it out! (Sifting through the 1977 paper by Altarelli/Parisi, Peskin & Schroeder's Field Theory, and the 3-gluon vertex Feynman rule eventually confessed the right answer.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?