DHMO the silent killer!

• Thread starter xJuggleboy
  • Start date
xJuggleboy

Main Question or Discussion Point

DHMO, Dihydrogen Monoxide has been killing thousands of people a year. And yet nobody know of it! Why has this not yet been banned?! My work place has mass quantitys of it laying around and no MSDS for it what so ever! Be aware!! Be safe! :tongue2:

For more information www.DHMO.com

My aplogeys...

WWW.DHMO.ORG is the web site

BEWARE!!! :surprised

Last edited by a moderator:

Answers and Replies

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Mmmm dencap dental plans!

Perhaps this is the link you're after: http://www.dhmo.org

Is it PF policy to debunk this stuff or not? I don't wanna put my foot in it!

Oh no, DHMO! :surprised

Somebody help, I'm addicted! If I dont get my fix I'll die, ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :rofl:

Well it was going along fine until I hit the part about it uses ...
in cult rituals
by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
by the clientele at a number of homosexual bath houses in New York City and San Francisco.
Too bad cause now they lost all creditability in my eyes, they should of just stayed with the facts.

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
xJuggleboy said:
DHMO, Dihydrogen Monoxide has been killing thousands of people a year. And yet nobody know of it!
:rofl: If you add the sharks to the drowning... :tongue2:

Daniel.

Evo
Mentor
We've had discussions here before about DHMO and it is truly terrifying that the use of this substance remains uncontrolled. :surprised

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Site said:
Recently, German analytical chemist Christoph von Bueltzingsloewen at the Universitaet Regensburg identified what may be key reasons why the dangers of DHMO are ever present. According to von Bueltzingsloewen, the chemical separation of dihydrogenoxide from the hazardous oxygendihydride is extremely difficult. The two similar compounds curiously occur in nearly equimolar distribution wherever they are found.
Priceless!!:rofl:

Daniel.

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
website said:
A similar study conducted by U.S. researchers Patrick K. McCluskey and Matthew Kulick also found that nearly 90 percent of the citizens participating in their study were willing to sign a petition to support an outright ban on the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide in the United States.
Score!

Mmmm, it's also "a major component in acid rain". See what they've done there?!

matthyaouw
Gold Member
I personally think the benifits of its use outweigh the risks. DHMO may have the capacity to take life, but research shows life could not have evolved or existed without some quantity of it[/faked-seriousness]

There's a showtime seriers(or used to be) that featured Penn and Teller ( http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/home.do [Broken] ) that discussed this very thing.

How many people have been killed by DHMO over the years? Sailors have died from exposure to it. Children have die from it. Pets have died from it. When will the madness cease!!!!

This stuff can kill you any multiple forms also. DHMO has a relatively high freezing point thus forms a solid--which can and has killed people by falling on them!!!.

DHMO has a low boiling point which can, and has, killed people if they inhale it or simply injure/kill people if their skin is exposed.

DHMO in its liquid form has killed more people throughout history than smoking!!!

Stop the insanity.

There, I've said my peace.

matthyaouw said:
I personally think the benifits of its use outweigh the risks. DHMO may have the capacity to take life, but research shows life could not have evolved or existed without some quantity of it[/faked-seriousness]
The corporate tool of the man response. This stuff kills and that's all that matters. Pot kills that's why it is illegal even if there are positive uses. If a substance kills then we need to ban it; afterall, we live in a beautiful politically correct society don't we?

Carry on.

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Wha would be the "positive uses" of pot...?:eek:

Daniel.

Its especially dangerous in the frozen condensed form. We can't get rid of it!

dextercioby said:
Wha would be the "positive uses" of pot...?:eek:

Daniel.
Not to derail this thread, but have you ever watched anyone die from cancer? Have or do you know anyone with severe glocoma. Those are the two main "positive" uses for pot.

Just my 2 cents.

BobG
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Worse yet, this has become the performance enhancing drug of choice for those too intimidated by drug testing to try steroids. Current urinalysis tests don't even test for DHMO!

There's even an unsubstantiated rumor that prominent members of the USA Women's Soccer Team have used DHMO! Some of the Men's Olympic Basketball Dream Team has also been rumored to use DHMO, but that didn't seem to spark any drive to start testing for it in athletes.

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Pain killers is one thing,dope is another.End of story.

BTW,did i hijack this tread,too...?

Daniel.

loseyourname
Staff Emeritus
Gold Member
How the heck do people come up with this stuff? How long do you estimate it would take to put together a site like that? What's the point?

DaveC426913
Gold Member
loseyourname said:
How long do you estimate it would take to put together a site like that?
I dunno, probably about the same time it might take to make 1,549 posts to a forum...

Wait, make at 1,550...

dextercioby
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Insights Author
Well,LYN,scientists may have the sense of humor and,in spare time,they'd be more than willing to put it to good use...:wink:

Daniel.

Posted on Sun, Mar. 14, 2004

SoCal city falls victim to Internet hoax, considers banning items made with water

Associated Press

ALISO VIEJO, Calif. - City officials were so concerned about the potentially dangerous properties of dihydrogen monoxide that they considered banning foam cups after they learned the chemical was used in their production.

Then they learned that dihydrogen monoxide - H2O for short - is the scientific term for water.

"It's embarrassing," said City Manager David J. Norman. "We had a paralegal who did bad research."

The paralegal apparently fell victim to one of the many official looking Web sites that have been put up by pranksters to describe dihydrogen monoxide as "an odorless, tasteless chemical" that can be deadly if accidentally inhaled.

As a result, the City Council of this Orange County suburb had been scheduled to vote next week on a proposed law that would have banned the use of foam containers at city-sponsored events. Among the reasons given for the ban were that they were made with a substance that could "threaten human health and safety."

The measure has been pulled from the agenda, although Norman said the city may still eventually ban foam cups.

"Our main concern is with the Aliso Creek watershed," Norman said. "If you get Styrofoam into the water and it breaks apart, it's virtually impossible to clean up."
From http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/8185305.htm [Broken]

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Pseudopod, you spoilsport!

xJuggleboy
Pseudopod said:
From http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/8185305.htm [Broken]

Who said they were a victem of a hoax?!?! This is real stuff and we need to be rid of it! This is no "joke". Ever hear of acid rain? Its nearly 90% Hydric acid! THose who beleve this is just some sort of internet prank have obviously not read the MSDS or any other information related to this stuff. :grumpy:

brewnog
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Hmm, need an account for that link xJuggleboy, and frankly, I can't be arsed to sign up. But I'm sure that it was supporting the cause, I think there are people who aren't taking this seriously enough...!

xJuggleboy
Sorry about that link... It was supposed to refence Pseudopods post.... Dont go to it... Its a ridiculous article about some alleged "internet hoax". As I see it ALISO VIEJO, Calif. was taking the first step in the right direction! They were doing something about this horrid substance and were fooled into believing it was a joke! We must stop the insanity!!! :cry:

Haha they forgot to implicate "Dihydrogen monoxide" as a major source of global warming.