Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

DHMO the silent killer!

1. Mar 8, 2005 #1
    DHMO, Dihydrogen Monoxide has been killing thousands of people a year. And yet nobody know of it! Why has this not yet been banned?! My work place has mass quantitys of it laying around and no MSDS for it what so ever! Be aware!! Be safe! :tongue2:

For more information www.DHMO.com

My aplogeys...

WWW.DHMO.ORG is the web site

BEWARE!!! :surprised

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2005
  2. jcsd
  3. Mar 8, 2005 #2

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Mmmm dencap dental plans!

Perhaps this is the link you're after: http://www.dhmo.org

Is it PF policy to debunk this stuff or not? I don't wanna put my foot in it!

4. Mar 8, 2005 #3
    Oh no, DHMO! :surprised

Somebody help, I'm addicted! If I dont get my fix I'll die, ahhhhhhhhhhhh! :rofl:

5. Mar 8, 2005 #4
    Well it was going along fine until I hit the part about it uses ...
    in cult rituals
    by both the KKK and the NAACP during rallies and marches,
    by the clientele at a number of homosexual bath houses in New York City and San Francisco.
    Too bad cause now they lost all creditability in my eyes, they should of just stayed with the facts.

6. Mar 8, 2005 #5

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

:rofl: If you add the sharks to the drowning... :tongue2:

Daniel.

7. Mar 8, 2005 #6

Evo

Staff: Mentor

We've had discussions here before about DHMO and it is truly terrifying that the use of this substance remains uncontrolled. :surprised

8. Mar 8, 2005 #7

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Priceless!!:rofl:

Daniel.

9. Mar 8, 2005 #8

brewnog

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Score!

Mmmm, it's also "a major component in acid rain". See what they've done there?!

10. Mar 8, 2005 #9

matthyaouw

Gold Member

I personally think the benifits of its use outweigh the risks. DHMO may have the capacity to take life, but research shows life could not have evolved or existed without some quantity of it[/faked-seriousness]

11. Mar 8, 2005 #10
    There's a showtime seriers(or used to be) that featured Penn and Teller ( http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/home.do ) that discussed this very thing.

How many people have been killed by DHMO over the years? Sailors have died from exposure to it. Children have die from it. Pets have died from it. When will the madness cease!!!!

This stuff can kill you any multiple forms also. DHMO has a relatively high freezing point thus forms a solid--which can and has killed people by falling on them!!!.

DHMO has a low boiling point which can, and has, killed people if they inhale it or simply injure/kill people if their skin is exposed.

DHMO in its liquid form has killed more people throughout history than smoking!!!

Stop the insanity.

There, I've said my peace.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2005
  12. Mar 8, 2005 #11
    The corporate tool of the man response. This stuff kills and that's all that matters. Pot kills that's why it is illegal even if there are positive uses. If a substance kills then we need to ban it; afterall, we live in a beautiful politically correct society don't we?

Carry on.

13. Mar 8, 2005 #12

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wha would be the "positive uses" of pot...?:eek:

Daniel.

14. Mar 8, 2005 #13
    Its especially dangerous in the frozen condensed form. We can't get rid of it!

15. Mar 8, 2005 #14
    Not to derail this thread, but have you ever watched anyone die from cancer? Have or do you know anyone with severe glocoma. Those are the two main "positive" uses for pot.

Just my 2 cents.

16. Mar 8, 2005 #15

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Worse yet, this has become the performance enhancing drug of choice for those too intimidated by drug testing to try steroids. Current urinalysis tests don't even test for DHMO!

There's even an unsubstantiated rumor that prominent members of the USA Women's Soccer Team have used DHMO! Some of the Men's Olympic Basketball Dream Team has also been rumored to use DHMO, but that didn't seem to spark any drive to start testing for it in athletes.

17. Mar 8, 2005 #16

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Pain killers is one thing,dope is another.End of story.

BTW,did i hijack this tread,too...?

Daniel.

18. Mar 8, 2005 #17

loseyourname

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member

How the heck do people come up with this stuff? How long do you estimate it would take to put together a site like that? What's the point?

19. Mar 8, 2005 #18

DaveC426913

Gold Member

I dunno, probably about the same time it might take to make 1,549 posts to a forum...

Wait, make at 1,550...

20. Mar 8, 2005 #19

dextercioby

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Well,LYN,scientists may have the sense of humor and,in spare time,they'd be more than willing to put it to good use...:wink:

Daniel.

21. Mar 8, 2005 #20
    From http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/8185305.htm

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?